Notices

Old 11 Jan 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkrose
Getting Excited

So after much thought and a re-price in BA's sale we are now travelling out on 24 August 2019 and returning on 9 September as this means we are now away for our Anniversary. Will look forward to reading all about your trip before we go.
pinkrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
You might be in Jasper the same time we are! We’re recreating a trip we did nearly 10 years ago. Loved Jasper last time but we can’t book the same accommodation this time around so I’m still looking at options.
When are you going? We have got to firming up plans soon as dh has now said he fancies stopping off at Lake Louise (Fairmont )on the way up to Jasper to celebrate our birthdays properly
Old 4 Feb 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
When are you going? We have got to firming up plans soon as dh has now said he fancies stopping off at Lake Louise (Fairmont )on the way up to Jasper to celebrate our birthdays properly
We fly out on 17 May and I will admit we’ve booked the Fairmont Lake Louise for one of our stops after seeing it on our last trip, when we briefly stopped for a quick walk round the lake!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
We fly out on 17 May and I will admit we’ve booked the Fairmont Lake Louise for one of our stops after seeing it on our last trip, when we briefly stopped for a quick walk round the lake!
You fly out the week before us, we still haven't got round to any more planning what with dh work, coughs, colds, car problems, half term and house hunting Everything seems to land at once

I notice you come from Edinburgh, which part, we lived there too many moons ago

Off to look at the Fairmont now
Old 22 May 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Almost here

We now have a plan!

Fly out on Friday 24th after work, BA very kindly have a 6.30pm flight which allows me to maximise my half term break. It is DH birthday that day so he has the day off and will be ready to leave when I finish at 1.30. We have booked car parking at T5 and treated ourselves to new cases last weekend! We are only flying economy but actually want to stay awake as going to an airport hotel for the night. Although it will only be 8pm ish when we land it will be 2am to us! We decided to take the pain of a wasted night and have booked a car as we arrive, luckily parking at the airport hotel is free and it will mean we can get going early in the morning.

Saturday 25th we will drive up to Jasper. It is about 1 1/2 hours to Banff where we plan to stop for breakfast, another hour or so to Lake Louise and then about 3 1/2-4 hours to Jasper, so not too bad especially as we will stop regularly. Hoping to see lots of wildlife and snow We are staying for 3 nights at The Crimson in Jasper as it got good reviews for the hotel and the burgers in the restaurant got good reviews from Gunna last summer.

Sunday 26th to Tuesday 28th we have no firm plans, just a list of places we would like to see, but some may still be closed for winter, seem to have fluid openings dependant on the weather However on Monday 27th (my birthday) we are hoping to go to Hinton to the Beaver Walk which is a boardwalk through a Beaver habitat.

Tuesday 28th we head south again for a night at the Fairmont Lake Louise. This is my birthday treat but couldn't get the actual day. We will take a leisurely drive down, and hope to get the sunset at either Moraine Lake or Lake Louise. The Moraine Lake road has just reopened this week! Haven't decided where we will eat.

Wednesday 29th our plan is to get up really early and go and see the sunrise at Moraine Lake and return to the hotel for breakfast. I believe sunrise is around 5am Then a short drive down to Canmore where we stayed last year, probably with a stop off for lunch/supplies in Banff.

Thursday 30th to Saturday 1st June we are in Canmore at the Stoneridge resort, 1 bed apartment. We really enjoyed our stay there last year and thought that after 5 nights of hotels we would be happy to have self catering plus they have washing machines in the apartments so we can do some if necessary. No plans although possibly thinking of a trail ride but not sure if dh wants to do one, will see how I feel. Also dd has requested a Roots hoodie for her birthday and I may try to look in Lulu Lemon again

Saturday 1st June we head back to Calgary. There is a big shopping mall on the outskirts so we may visit that as we found that Jasper and Banff weren't really good for any bargains! Our flight home is again 6pm and we have booked PE this leg so we can try and sleep, landing around lunchtime on Sunday.

Apart from the hotel bookings dictating our route our plans are subject to weather, openings etc. Think it will be very different scenery from last year but so looking forward to getting away from it all for a week. Not sure if I will do a report as we go or when we get home but I will get one up at some point, so see you later xx
Old 31 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Just caught up. Hope you’re having a fantastic time and look forward to reading all about it once you’re back.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Hope you had a great time!
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We had a fantastic time, didn't feel that it was rushed at all. Can't wait to go back. I have all my notes and will get a trip report done soon I promise