Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 27 Nov 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like a lovely start to the day, sitting out on the balcony and watching the sun come up.

Such a shame about the barging up at the top...why can't people just wait their turn?

I'd have been quite nervous trying on £55k diamond! Definitely a shop where you're glad you haven't got kids with you...I'm always telling them not to touch stuff in shops and just look with their eyes and not their hands!

The food is so impressive, both the club lounge canapes and the dinner buffet. Such a lot of choice.
Those mornings were just blissful.
Unlike At the Top. It was worse than anywhere ... even those parade pushers at Disney !

Lol, that diamond was huge. I did say I would be afraid to wear it so good job it was over budget
The jewellery is incredible, dazzling, quite literally.

Ha ha this was another holiday the kids would have hated so it was completely guilt free and stress free shopping time

The food, my goodness , it became overwhelming, we met a couple who had been staying there 3 weeks ... 3 weeks of that food ! I would have exploded By the end I think
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Nice start!

Brings back memories for me - that building in your first set of building pictures (the two identical towers) is the JW Marriot Marquis hotel that I always stay in for work whenever I have to go. It also has it's own Guiness world record plaque for being the tallest hotel in the world! Nice bar on the 75th floor Our office is literally next door to it.

Disappointed in the lack of Cheesecake Factory visiting, but looks like you made up for it with desserts later on!

I always imagined Blade Runner as well.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Nice start!

Brings back memories for me - that building in your first set of building pictures (the two identical towers) is the JW Marriot Marquis hotel that I always stay in for work whenever I have to go. It also has it's own Guiness world record plaque for being the tallest hotel in the world! Nice bar on the 75th floor Our office is literally next door to it.

Disappointed in the lack of Cheesecake Factory visiting, but looks like you made up for it with desserts later on!

I always imagined Blade Runner as well.
Yeah it was weird this trip only eating in the hotel but we were on half board so I couldn’t part with more cash eating off site

I saw lots of things there are the “worlds tallest/biggest ... ” whatever. I guess starting from scratch you can aim big !
Did love the skyline there. Very sci fi !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Finally getting around to catching up on this. Those views from the Burg Khalifa are amazing, but what terrible rudeness - no need for that at all

What a lot of food, my goodness, I wouldn't know where to start with choosing.

It's a shame you didn't manage to see the fountain show very well. You seemed to do a lot today, without being overly rushed. Nice to get a bit of time to chill out as well.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Finally getting around to catching up on this. Those views from the Burg Khalifa are amazing, but what terrible rudeness - no need for that at all

What a lot of food, my goodness, I wouldn't know where to start with choosing.

It's a shame you didn't manage to see the fountain show very well. You seemed to do a lot today, without being overly rushed. Nice to get a bit of time to chill out as well.
It was extreme rudeness Lynda, and lots of it. Very bad manners. Looking back it was quite busy but we didn’t feel rushed at all. That Mall is enormous, very well laid out.
Old 25 Dec 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Beautiful photos from the balcony.
Grrr so annoying about the rude people when your trying to take photos, a real big bear of mine 😡
That shopping mall is HUGE! So jealous of your mugs 😬. I see no other purchases? What’s going on Amanda 😂
Tex Mex would be my favourite night I think, it all looks amazing!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Beautiful photos from the balcony.
Grrr so annoying about the rude people when your trying to take photos, a real big bear of mine 😡
That shopping mall is HUGE! So jealous of your mugs 😬. I see no other purchases? What’s going on Amanda 😂
Tex Mex would be my favourite night I think, it all looks amazing!
It wasn’t the best shopping trip But I think we have been spoiled In Orlando! The rudeness was so noticeable , it was making Andy really mad.
The food, my goodness, it was incredible .
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Great shopping day, but no display of purchases! Shame about the rudeness, but you look lovely in your red dress!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Great shopping day, but no display of purchases! Shame about the rudeness, but you look lovely in your red dress!
Purchases were very feeble
Thank you . I really liked that dress but thought I looked horrid in it ... other factors at play as I was to discover later !