General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 28 Nov 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The Decadent Dibber in Dubai. Day 3 The Outlet Village and Burj Al Arab

Yesterday is HERE

Tuesday 20 November

It was another beautiful sunrise on the balcony and we weren’t rushing off so had time to enjoy some coffee and reading while watching the Palm wake up

We headed up to the lounge for breakfast - no pics as its the same as all the other mornings !

Oh ok , just the hidden mickey attempt

Around 10 we took a taxi to the Outlet Village which is near Lapita and closer to the theme parks.

I wasn’t sure whether to go here to the Outlet Mall. Not sure if we made the right choice .. but reasons to go back right !

The taxi was 80 AED and it had not long opened when we got there .. it was completely empty.

Lovely as it was to wander round without the massed hordes and till queues in Orlando, it did mean that we were subject to a lot of hovering and that whole following you round the shop thing .. which i really don’t like and it put me off going in a few places. I did resist this bag

It was also, in our view, expensive. Possibly slightly cheaper than the UK but nothing like the bargains we like so it turned out to be quite a quick trip. Andy did manage to pick up some quite cheap trainers in Adidas but that was pretty much it.

We headed back to the hotel for a couple of hours of pool time

and around 3pm got ready for our trip to the Burj Al Arab.

Of which we had just the best view from our room ...

This was a 40AED taxi trip and very impressive sweeping up to the entrance .

As you can only get in as a non hotel resident with a confirmed booking, e had opted for the Sunset Escape package - the idea being to watch the sun set with cocktails and nibbles. Of course, we were still under observation of the Prophets birthday so cocktails were out and it was a shame as it just wasn’t quite what we wanted

The entrance is amazing , quite something to behold.

We made our way to the lower ground level and took some pics around the terrace before being seated in their outdoor lounge.

I opted for the non alcoholic cocktail which does come with a load of fruit and a tiny gold flake floating about in it.

Andy contented himself with the free nibbles. There was also no DJ so it just lacked that whole “California” vibe that it is advertised as. We were joined by an adventurous bird though

We decided we might as well head back to the hotel for the re start of happy hour and just as we left we were presented with an anniversary treat and a rose for me.

That was very thoughtful as we had noted on our reservation is was an anniversary celebration. They were really apologetic about the circumstances but that’s not their doing and the service was incredibly attentive.

Different pics on the way out

We arrived back at the lounge for canapés and the re start of the drinks service so we had a couple of drinks

I had also managed to get into my third outfit of the day !

It was French night in the restaurant and this completely surpassed our expectations. There were mussels, beef bourginon, beef en croute, duck confit, chicken with tarragon and much more that I cant remember.

The beef was amazing.

The desserts were also quite different this evening although I could only manage a few of the pastry based ones.

Suitably stuffed we had a coffee and watched tv for a bit.

Edited at 08:51 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I love the sunrise photos! What a shame that the cocktails were not free flowing!

The outlets must be newish? I don’t think we have ever found many bargains there!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Wow a very decadent day!
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I love the sunrise photos! What a shame that the cocktails were not free flowing!

The outlets must be newish? I don’t think we have ever found many bargains there!
Sunrise was my fave time . I just didn’t tire of the view and peacefulness. Loved it. Yeah deffo a shame the Burj trip wasnt what we had planned
I agree definitions of bargain not the same there !

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Wow a very decadent day!
Lol our day of being those people “ how the other half live”. Swanning about in such amazing places.
Could adapt quite easily Lottery win required please
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Another good day, which I enjoyed reading. Would love to stay at the Burj Al Arab but that will never happen What a shame you couldn't have a nice "proper" cocktail,and a belated Happy Anniversary to you both. Lovely touch to get the little cake and the flower. All that food is making my mouth water Thanks for sharing with us.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Another good day, which I enjoyed reading. Would love to stay at the Burj Al Arab but that will never happen What a shame you couldn't have a nice "proper" cocktail,and a belated Happy Anniversary to you both. Lovely touch to get the little cake and the flower. All that food is making my mouth water Thanks for sharing with us.
It was a shame we didn’t get the full experience, awesome place to see though.

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another great day!
Yeah this was a nice mix of things today, didn’t feel like we were rushing at all.
Old 20 Dec 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Such a shame that the Burj Al Arab experience felt a little flat for you, it looks like an amazing place.

Once again, in awe of the sheer quantities of food available at your hotel, it all looks fantastic.

Nice to have a browse around the outlets despite being a bit pricey. Love the colour of the Kate Spade bags you were looking at.

Another great day Amanda, I'm really enjoying reading about somewhere different.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Such a shame that the Burj Al Arab experience felt a little flat for you, it looks like an amazing place.

Once again, in awe of the sheer quantities of food available at your hotel, it all looks fantastic.

Nice to have a browse around the outlets despite being a bit pricey. Love the colour of the Kate Spade bags you were looking at.

Another great day Amanda, I'm really enjoying reading about somewhere different.
It’s quite a place. I’m glad we saw inside it. Not sure I would rush back but a great experience.
Shopping wasn’t up to our usual standard this trip !
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sunrise photos are stunning. Such a shame about the prices in the outlets, wouldn’t it be lovely if the Orlando ones were ever that quiet!
The Burj Al Arab looks stunning, I wonder how much it is to stay there 😳. Not good about no cocktails though ☹️.
Dinner looks great, I love Beef Bourginon!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List