Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 13 Jan 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile Double pushchair

Hi

We are going to Florida in August with w children who will be almost 3 and 15months. What pushchairs do you guys recommend?

I hate our double pushchair at the moment so normally use a single and a sling when out and about here but I'm going to sell our current double and by a new one so would like one suitable for Florida
Old 13 Jan 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Is your second baby big enough for a pushchair? Because Walmart sell basic pushchairs for around $20 each .Also If your staying in a villa check the garage because a lot of people buy pushchairs there and leave them as they are so cheap .We always stay in a villa and more often than not we find a pushchair .
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Our 1st 2 weeks are onsite followed by a week in a villa. We were originally planning on taking 2 singles but we are going to need decent Sun shade on the pushchair as both kids are very fair and we are going in August plus I think one of us needs to be free to round up the kids if they're walking etc whereas with 2 pushchairs no one will be free
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree about the hassle of two singles. If you don’t need one at home, would you consider hiring? We hired a Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double from Kingdom Strollers. It’s a great buggy and really popular in the parks. It also means one less thing to carry through the airport which is ideal if you’re used to using a sling anyway.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for baby jogger we even hired one for our 6 year old twins last year great big hood for keeping sun out and easy to steer , also hired from kingdom strollers
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've been looking at the baby jogger, we are out there for 23 nights so thinking it'll be a similar price to buy one second hand and sell it on again rather than hiring. I've got them both a sling each for the airport so hopefully they'll go in them!
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We hired a baby jogger gt last year for my almost 5 and 2 year olds. Didn’t need a double at home and didn’t want the hassle of taking it through the airport.
It was fantastic, really good sun shades, so easy to push and steer even though our son was 25kg.
There are plenty of them on eBay and Facebook marketplace (local selling pages etc)
Agree with your duration it’s proably better to buy.
We had ours for 14 nights and it worked out about £85 to hire
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We hired a double from Kingdom Strollers, brilliant service! Even came and fixed the tyre for us when we got a puncture.
For home you might want to think about a single buggy with a buggy board for your older child to stand on.
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve just started to use a double as our second baby arrived in 18/12. We originally had the baby jogger city select which I thought would be amazing. Turns out i HATE it. It’s too big, heavy, hard to push, pain to fold etc. So I got a second hand baby jogger city mini double and it’s absolutely amazing! I love it. It’s a side by side but isn’t even that wide, it’s gone through every door I’ve tried so far. We live in a village with small shops but I’ve had no issues at all! My toddler sleeps well in it, folds easy and is actually amazingly light to push.

You can rent them in Orlando,
Or buy a second hand one, wash it all and use that. Mine was £115.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lissa_x View Post
Our 1st 2 weeks are onsite followed by a week in a villa. We were originally planning on taking 2 singles but we are going to need decent Sun shade on the pushchair as both kids are very fair and we are going in August plus I think one of us needs to be free to round up the kids if they're walking etc whereas with 2 pushchairs no one will be free
Defo recommend the baby jogger city mini / gt as the canopies are huge! Plus you can roll the back cover up when the seats are laying down and there is a lovely amount of air flow for them.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List