Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Razliz
Looking for my Ears

From Manchester it’s worth considering a short stop as you could potentially save a fortune. Sometime it can even be advantageous as you can avoid immigration in Orlando. I deal with airfares in my Job on a daily basis and it’s hard to say exactly when to book. It depends on a number of factors including airline sales and when the drop the specials in. I would defiantly wait until May when the schedule carries drop in there fares and make a comparison.

I booked some flights for Oct half term by booking an AA flight via a codeshare partner. Basically AA wanted £2500 total for my family of four but i booked the same flight via the Finnair system for £998 total for the four of us

If anyone is interested I am happy to post a ‘heads up’ when I spot anything like this again.

I do have a link where you can check/ confirm VS flights throughout 2020 but I was unsure of the forum rules (I am new to this)

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Razliz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Razliz View Post
From Manchester it’s worth considering a short stop as you could potentially save a fortune. Sometime it can even be advantageous as you can avoid immigration in Orlando. I deal with airfares in my Job on a daily basis and it’s hard to say exactly when to book. It depends on a number of factors including airline sales and when the drop the specials in. I would defiantly wait until May when the schedule carries drop in there fares and make a comparison.

I booked some flights for Oct half term by booking an AA flight via a codeshare partner. Basically AA wanted £2500 total for my family of four but i booked the same flight via the Finnair system for £998 total for the four of us

If anyone is interested I am happy to post a ‘heads up’ when I spot anything like this again.

I do have a link where you can check/ confirm VS flights throughout 2020 but I was unsure of the forum rules (I am new to this)
Yes please!

We haven’t booked our flights this year for October as everything seems higher than normal. We have wed 2nd to 20th of October booked but would drop days or add on at the end if needed. We usually average £1450-1700 for the 4 of us fly drive from Edinburgh with one stop, but I can’t even get flights alone for that. It’s driving me insane.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Razliz View Post

Is this from Manchester? It would be a good idea if you do. I’ll pm you when flights are coming out summer 2020.
Old 28 Jan 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I didn’t realise Finnair codeshares with AA. Just checked for my dates August though and it’s more than AA to book with them. And with AA it’s over 1k with a stop at PHL. I’ve booked direct with Tui last September for £800.
This is problem I find with school holidays from Manchester. I tend to book them as soon as they come out and mostly then see them go up and up. Maybe Finair was cheap last September?
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Razliz
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I didn’t realise Finnair codeshares with AA. Just checked for my dates August though and it’s more than AA to book with them. And with AA it’s over 1k with a stop at PHL. I’ve booked direct with Tui last September for £800.
This is problem I find with school holidays from Manchester. I tend to book them as soon as they come out and mostly then see them go up and up. Maybe Finair was cheap last September?
Yes you are right, at the moment they are coming up more. It’s BA/AA Sale at the moment so no tactical finair fares. They do take turns going up and down but finnair had a huge sale and included the AA codeshares. I always have an eye on flights and if I spot any deals I will post a ‘heads up’
The AA offer through Finair lasted 6 days before selling out over the half term- they dont last long.
Razliz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Razliz
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Is this from Manchester? It would be a good idea if you do. I’ll pm you when flights are coming out summer 2020.
Yes no problem, just drop me a message anytime and I will be happy to check the systems
Old 30 Jan 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeffercake
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Could I be really cheeky and ask you to check Manchester to Orlando for may 2020? It's coming in at around £2200 on Thomas cook flying 8 may in PE.

Thanks
Jeffercake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List