Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Feb 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing, we are on the MSC Seaside in June

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We were on the msc seaside last January and having just come back from a celebrity cruise I think we both enjoyed MSC more . I like a sparkly ship with all the bells and whistles and the celebrity ship we were on ( equinox) didn’t deliver this. Also the food was on a par with msc as was the service. MSC was considerably cheaper as well for the same type of balcony room.

I would have no hesitation on booking another MSC cruise
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We're friends with a few crew on DCL and they say that on the Med cruises, it's quite common for Europeans to stiff them of the tips.

I don't know why as the service is phenomenal, but Spanish/Italians don't like tipping.
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
We're friends with a few crew on DCL and they say that on the Med cruises, it's quite common for Europeans to stiff them of the tips.

I don't know why as the service is phenomenal, but Spanish/Italians don't like tipping.
Hi Bats

If you had the problems that we had and many other Brits had on our MSC cruise you probably wouldn't have tipped. I just could not understand why such a beautiful ship would have such awful service and communication. They couldn't even tell us on our paperwork where we had to go in Valencia to join the ship, there was nothing to say which cruise terminal we had to go to. Loads of people did what we did and got a taxi to the ship to be sent away again, it was awful. It was not a good start to the cruise.
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We left the auto tips on even though the service was generally poor. I guess I'm a mug!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List