Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 9 Feb 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I’ll come off the pill a bit later in the year, my pill suits me down to the ground but I do want it out of my system before trying, so if I have a job i’ll prob come off that in August.
We are going on our honeymoon for a week in Oct, it’s the only holiday we will have been on, and could well be the only one for a very long time, so I would really like to enjoy it, it’s only a week but I would rather not be very pregnant, plus it’s a cruise so they might not take me if i’m too far gone.
I didn’t get on with my implant at all. And I still have a scar, I bled for ages after and took months to normalise, so that defo wouldn’t be for me. But i’m happy to use non hormonal methods for a while
I also wouldn't want to be too far gone on our Florida holiday, plus there's other things gs in the way at the minute so going with the implant for now is the best option. I've had 3 implants now and had no problems whatsoever. This pill on the other hand my God! I was only explaining to my mum the film that I cried at recently and I was almost in tears just talking about the fact that I cried! And I'm not a cryer at all lol, plus there's the spots and the weight gain so I'll be glad to come off it. Having my implant in on Wednesday next week, can't wait to be honest.
Then its just a waiting game till I have it taken out again.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Hey you might remember me from your other discussions!

We are going to start trying in mid May after our holiday. Its been something we've talked about for years but have only felt in the position to commit to recently, and I have to admit I have hit full on 'broody' mode and seem to be thinking about it all day! But we do want to wait as I don't want to be pregnant going to Orlando and its only a few months.

I am on the pill (Yasmin) and staying on it until we come back- as tempting as it is to come off now the last thing I want on holiday is my cycle being all over the place! However I am going to talk to DH about us both starting to take folic acid next month as apparently it needs a couple of months to build up in your system. He already takes zinc which is the other important one for men.

Soooo saying all that we have a potential spanner in the works that I might be being made redundant. Really annoying if so as we will have to delay a while until I'm in a new job long enough to qualify for maternity pay. I should find out tomorrow though! They've been keeping us in suspense for weeks, its driving me mad.

Edited at 08:04 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Hey you might remember me from your other discussions!

We are going to start trying in mid May after our holiday. Its been something we've talked about for years but have only felt in the position to commit to recently, and I have to admit I have hit full on 'broody' mode and seem to be thinking about it all day! But we do want to wait as I don't want to be pregnant going to Orlando and its only a few months.

I am on the pill (Yasmin) and staying on it until we come back- as tempting as it is to come off now the last thing I want on holiday is my cycle being all over the place! However I am going to talk to DH about us both starting to take folic acid next month as apparently it needs a couple of months to build up in your system. He already takes zinc which is the other important one for men.

Soooo saying all that we have a potential spanner in the works that I might be being made redundant. Really annoying if so as we will have to delay a while until I'm in a new job long enough to qualify for maternity pay. I should find out tomorrow though! They've been keeping us in suspense for weeks, its driving me mad.
Yes I remember you

I also remember you mentioning the redundancy aswell, you were supposed to find out then! That's not fair keeping you waiting like that.

Well I had my implant in on Wednesday. Never had a problem with the 3 previous ones ive had but this doctor butchered me. She didn't even numb it all the way along so it was seriously painfull plus she seemed to really have to force it to go further in through my skin, back and forth a few times
Anyway, its in now with a cracking bruise but that's that until I get it taken back out 9not by her I hope lol)

I think I will start taking folic acid around August time.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh no poor you with the implant! I have heard similar horror stories from others about it I have to admit.

So I found out today I am being made redundant. Not got a specific time yet but could be end of June or end of Sept or end of the year. Once I know we can adjust plans but if its end of the year we may start trying earlier than May in order to qualify for maternity pay.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Oh no poor you with the implant! I have heard similar horror stories from others about it I have to admit.

So I found out today I am being made redundant. Not got a specific time yet but could be end of June or end of Sept or end of the year. Once I know we can adjust plans but if its end of the year we may start trying earlier than May in order to qualify for maternity pay.
Hmm that is a difficult one, you will have to see what happens I suppose. Its not good being kept waiting though is it.
But once you know, you can make a plan.

Good luck