Notices

Old 15 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Have a wonderful time, I am so excited to hear all about it. We have only been to DLP twice so no advice from me, I do have thoughts and observations that I'll share once you've made your own

I love that Tower of Terror picture, Max's face versus the lady behind Kate
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Have an amazing time!
I hope you do too! We will be there in 48 hours so I'm very excited now!

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Have a great trip, hope the weather stays good for you. I would love a girls only trip!
Fingers crossed for the weather. It looks great for February. I'm even debating leaving the brollie behind.

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Have a great trip. I love DLP and have done several trips there with DDs and with my DSis. I have done one with just DD2 and me because DD1 went with her friends for her 18th and we couldn't have her getting an extra trip (Just the two of us at DLP). That was an October trip so the weather wasn't too bad but most of our trips have been in February. We went last February half term (Another trip to DLP - oh go on then! Shameless plugs for trippies - sorry!)The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to pack lots of layers as it can be bitterly cold.. Make use of EMH and go to Crush in the Studios first. The MasterCard thing is new since we went, but you have got to see Mickey and the Magician, even if you have to queue for it (and I don't say that about many things - I don't like to queue!) But it is worth the admission price on its own. Make sure you go in Alice's Curious Labyrinth - if you climb the Queen of Hearts tower, you get a really good view of Fantasyland. Other things not to be missed are Sleeping Beauty's gallery, as the stained glass windows are beautiful and the Dragon under the castle.

Sorry, I seem to have gone on a bit but I love DLP. I am very sad that we are not visiting this year but DD2 and I are off to WDW in July, so I can't complain.
Loads of fab tips. I'm definitely going to invest some time in reading up on your trip reports tomorrow!

I've been given the tip about not missing out on the Dragon under the castle so he's right up there. The Mickey the magician show does sound fantastic. I'm putting it top of my list and the labyrinth too! Thanks for sharing all your advice.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Ahhhh, girls trip! Sound amazing, have lots of fun!
I know! Is she too young for Thelma and Louise? I guess so!

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It sounds a great trip! Don’t worry about the language, from my memory they do some shows in English and some in French, and it’s all listed on the times guide
Oh great to hear. I'll make sure I pick up a times guide.

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Sounds lovely. Fingers crossed for the weather. Have a fantastic time.
I'm sure it will be brilliant.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So excited for you both, have an amazing trip xx
It is exciting. We're going to watch inside out tonight to get us in a Disney mood!

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have a lovely time
Thanks. I'm so looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
Ah this is only days away, i haven't dibbed in so long i need to catch up on your summer TR! Hope you have a fantastic trip! EPCOT- Every Paycheck Comes On Thursday- right?!
Ha ha! Yep that's what it stands for! I'm up to our final day at OKW in the summer trip, only 3 more days left to post on that one!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Have a wonderful time, I am so excited to hear all about it. We have only been to DLP twice so no advice from me, I do have thoughts and observations that I'll share once you've made your own

I love that Tower of Terror picture, Max's face versus the lady behind Kate
Well you're one trip up on me!

It will be really odd being in the parks when it's so cold. I'm not sure how we will feel about that. I'm hoping we won't be miserable watching the fireworks and parades. We've got some pocket hand warmers and actually the weather looks mild, so I'm sure we will be fine.

I'm glad you've got lots of things to say! I'll enjoy reading your musings on DLP.

Old 15 Feb 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

This has come around quickly, I remember you saying you were planning it and now it’s just a couple of days away 😀

I loved our mum and daughter trip to WDW last October, it was really special so I hope you and Kate have a great time too. I will be taking notes as we hope to visit Disney Land Paris next year and have never been before.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Have an amazing time!

Can’t wait to read all about it!
formosagirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
This has come around quickly, I remember you saying you were planning it and now it’s just a couple of days away 😀

I loved our mum and daughter trip to WDW last October, it was really special so I hope you and Kate have a great time too. I will be taking notes as we hope to visit Disney Land Paris next year and have never been before.
Seeing how much fun you were having with Georgia definitely inspired me to want to share a holiday with Kate. So I suppose that means it's all your fault!

It has all come around really quickly. This time tomorrow we'll be doing our last minute packing as we need to leave to catch the Eurostar at about 9am.

Originally Posted by formosagirl View Post
Have an amazing time!

Can’t wait to read all about it!
Thanks, I'm sure it will be great.

Old 16 Feb 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You asked about the shows. Most shows are in a mix of English and French at the same time. So a character will say something in French, and the other will reply with something similar in English, so everyone gets to understand what is going on.

Don't expect American style service from the CMs. French people hate that and regard it as fake and tacky. But if you start up a conversation with one - particularly in bad school French like I do - they blossom. We wore WDW sweatshirts, and so many CMs wanted to tell us about their trips there. We also met a CM on Dumbo who had a beautiful head of red hair. We asked her if she was 'une amie de Merida' and she said no, but she would like to be!

I think the only exception is Stitch Live (think Turtle Talk at WDW but much, much funnier). They display the times for shows in different languages above the theatre. Make sure you get an English showing.

If it is as cold there as it is here, my top tip is Victoria's Home Style Restaurant at the top of Main Street on the right. It's a small cafe with table service and is the best place to find DLP's famous 'chocolat viennois'. Really creamy hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, soooo delicious.

Also you mentioned characters. Be aware that the character interaction at DLP is excellent - not just 'hug, sign, next' but they have a good few minutes interaction and photos with every single member of every party. Which is lovely, but it means queues move incredibly slowly. If there are more than about 5 people in front of you, skip it unless you want to spend more than an hour queuing. Or if budget allows, do Inventions buffet instead - superb food and lovely relaxed interaction, and it's in the warm!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You asked about the shows. Most shows are in a mix of English and French at the same time. So a character will say something in French, and the other will reply with something similar in English, so everyone gets to understand what is going on.

Don't expect American style service from the CMs. French people hate that and regard it as fake and tacky. But if you start up a conversation with one - particularly in bad school French like I do - they blossom. We wore WDW sweatshirts, and so many CMs wanted to tell us about their trips there. We also met a CM on Dumbo who had a beautiful head of red hair. We asked her if she was 'une amie de Merida' and she said no, but she would like to be!

I think the only exception is Stitch Live (think Turtle Talk at WDW but much, much funnier). They display the times for shows in different languages above the theatre. Make sure you get an English showing.

If it is as cold there as it is here, my top tip is Victoria's Home Style Restaurant at the top of Main Street on the right. It's a small cafe with table service and is the best place to find DLP's famous 'chocolat viennois'. Really creamy hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, soooo delicious.

Also you mentioned characters. Be aware that the character interaction at DLP is excellent - not just 'hug, sign, next' but they have a good few minutes interaction and photos with every single member of every party. Which is lovely, but it means queues move incredibly slowly. If there are more than about 5 people in front of you, skip it unless you want to spend more than an hour queuing. Or if budget allows, do Inventions buffet instead - superb food and lovely relaxed interaction, and it's in the warm!
It sounds like the shows will be quite interesting then with some of it in French and some in English.

Kate would love the hot chocolate so I'll make a note of that, it will be nice to have somewhere to stop if we get cold.

I'm not sure what to do about characters. I've downloaded the line berty app as I discovered you can reserve your place in line. Meeting the characters is a big part of our trips usually but I don't fancy waiting more than 20 to 30 minutes, so I appreciate knowing that even if it's a short line it's going to be a pretty long wait.

Old 16 Feb 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I've discovered this morning that there is going to be major disruption to the Eurostar service into Paris this weekend

There is an unexploded WW2 bomb near the Gare du Nord. So, tomorrow the French authorities will be deactivating the bomb. They will be evacuating some residential areas and according to the website there will be major disruption to the trains as well.

From what I can tell our train will be running and should not be affected. We are on the 9128 11.15am train from Ebbsfleet, we change at Lille and get on the 9830 14.03 train to DLP.

Eurostar have cancelled some services into and out of Paris and changed the times of some trains. But the affected trains seem to be those starting with a 90** number. They are advising customers travelling this weekend to change their plans due to the high volume of customers and limited availability.

However, as we are not actually going into Paris I'm hopeful we will be ok

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get to Ebbsfleet a little bit earlier...any ideas?

Can someone reassure me?