Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Mar 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile Closing on resale

Hello.
Have just passed ROFR and waiting for closing now. Just wondering if I’ll receive any mail from Disney with it being a resale.
I believe I can call them once closed to get my account set up?
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
Hello.
Have just passed ROFR and waiting for closing now. Just wondering if I’ll receive any mail from Disney with it being a resale.
I believe I can call them once closed to get my account set up?
You can but it will take a couple of weeks - they'll need the contract number.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well done Jason.
You need to keep an eye on the Comptrollers website (keep searching for your name) and when you see it appear, keep calling up member services (May take at least a further week for them to process your contract, some were reporting 2-4 weeks this year) and get a member number and activation code so you can log on and start booking.
Eventually you may get a photocopier letter and maybe even some magnets from Disney, but don’t hold your breath.
Old 2 Mar 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you, it’s a great feeling to be getting this lengthy, ROFR took 35 days and I was at the stage of thinking it was taken. Eager to get the banked points available but no immediate rush
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Well done Jason.
You need to keep an eye on the Comptrollers website (keep searching for your name) and when you see it appear, keep calling up member services (May take at least a further week for them to process your contract, some were reporting 2-4 weeks this year) and get a member number and activation code so you can log on and start booking.
Eventually you may get a photocopier letter and maybe even some magnets from Disney, but don’t hold your breath.
Magnets, magnets - haha, if you get magnets I really want to hear about it
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Magnets, magnets - haha, if you get magnets I really want to hear about it
I did on a 2016 resale, but not the last one.
Old 2 Mar 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I did on a 2016 resale, but not the last one.
You must be very special , I thought almost no-one got them resale UK. I have magnets but that's cos I cheated and got AP ones (going to try get one this trip as well)
Old 3 Mar 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I definitely didn't get magnets!

I think it took exactly 2 weeks from the time Disney received my contract to them making the admin changes and me being able to get logged on and that was with me ringing them pretty much every day. If I was waiting for the letter it would have been 4 weeks