Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 3 Mar 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFan92
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Golf days

Looking into playing couple of rounds of golf on upcoming trip.

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for courses to play or cheap sites to book through? Have found a site that hires clubs for a week at $75 so that’s looking cheaper than hiring for multiple rounds.

Thanks
FloridaFan92 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When are you going DH is a Marshall next week at the Arnold Palmer
$75 sound a bit cheap to DH he's shouting in the background take your own or at least your shoes ( he's sorting out his tournament essentials just now )
His picks FAlcons Fire Southern Dunes. Highland Reserve Reunion
Ridgewood Lakes
But if you want to splash out look at booking a golf /Stay package at Bay Hill his avoid would be Mystic Dunes his words you will understand I'm told a coo park and he's not a fan of the Disney Courses over priced
As it's still snowbird season it's cheaper to play in the middle of the day to last tee time till just before Easter then early morning is much more expensive
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFan92
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

clubstohire

Can imagine him packing the essentials. Only expecting to manage 2 rounds, 3 at a push so not wanting to spend the extra to take clubs with me or I’d have done it.

We’re not away until Easter week so still got a wait to go yet. I’ll get a look into some of the courses, we’re staying 2 minutes away from falcons fire so I’d already had a look at that one.
FloridaFan92 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Well your are going to be just 10/15 mins from Reunion Highland Reserve Orange Lakes our friends hired clubs for the fortnight the first time they were outbat ours Andrew had Pings Annette Taylor
This means nothing to me I just curse the flipping set of clubs renewed
Every couple of years in our owners cupboard and in his study here when I've to pack or clean round them
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi depending on your h cap . I would take your own clubs. We normally take ours at no extra cost. This is done by using bag as our hold bag which is free. Use the big pockets for extra trainers and underwear etc. then all we take is a cabin bag with the rest.
Courses southern dunes, Orange County , champions gate, celebratin and our oasis amidst the madness grand cypress which has 3 x 9 and an other 18 designed by jack based on his favourite links hole . The first and 18 th are a replica of St. Andrews in dementions but of course don't play like links. Fantastic place which we have been lucky to stay at on several occasions
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Hi we fly out end of May and I’ve made myself a member of virgin golf club which allows you to carry golf clubs free of charge. However I may only get 2 rounds myself so was looking at renting the clubs. Will check out the link you posted. Check out “golf now” and also “tee times.” Both have good offers on especially if you and book within 24 hours. Other family members have played and went direct to the course the day before and the pro was really helpful and gave them a good price. They recommend highlands reserve.
I would be really interested if you let me know how you get on renting the clubs out at Easter.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
adidassler
Helping Minnie

Already entered into negotiations with my wife for October. Won't be taking my own clubs, but my aim is to play Streamsong once- bit of a drive but they look the best courses in Florida- and I'm really hoping to jump on the train to Winter Park one Friday afternoon to play 9 holes in their weekly meetup, again, with rented clubs.
adidassler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Hi just to let you know. I followed the link you posted earlier and found the link uses special tee in Orlando international drive. I have been there in the past and bought some golf stuff so I messaged them on Facebook asking about club rental. Unfortunately they no longer off the rentals u sure if you have been in touch with anyone on the above link.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH says try prosetsgolf.com you can pick the clubs up from Edwin Watts on Turkey Lake Road
Old 9 Mar 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
In terms of courses - I’d recommend Highlands Reserve (not surprisingly) and I love both 18-hole courses at Orange County National

OCN’s practice range is incredible and I’ve had the 9-hole “Tooth” course completely to myself on more than one occasion

I have my old set of clubs at the villa, but taking your clubs on holiday too is a very nice thing to do and is one less thing to blame when you play like a donkey!

Regards

Gary