Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
Trying for More Ears

Trying to plan food in hotel room..

Hi!

Not sure what forum this should go in

We are staying at Riverside and I'm just thinking about the best way to get some food (cereal, milk, fruit, water etc) to have in the room. We don't have a car.

I was looking at the delivery service...but then decided on our first day we could just go to a supermarket but what ones are near POR? I know there is one near Disney springs but I've heard it's quiet expensive...but would we be better going further out to get a cheaper one?

And also my fear is that we can use the wifi at the hotel to order an Uber to say..Walmart...but then when we're leaving Walmart if there's no wifi how do we get home?

Any advice would be fab

Would love to hear what everyone else has done!
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
Hi!

Not sure what forum this should go in

We are staying at Riverside and I'm just thinking about the best way to get some food (cereal, milk, fruit, water etc) to have in the room. We don't have a car.

I was looking at the delivery service...but then decided on our first day we could just go to a supermarket but what ones are near POR? I know there is one near Disney springs but I've heard it's quiet expensive...but would we be better going further out to get a cheaper one?

And also my fear is that we can use the wifi at the hotel to order an Uber to say..Walmart...but then when we're leaving Walmart if there's no wifi how do we get home?

Any advice would be fab

Would love to hear what everyone else has done!
I'm pretty sure Walmart does have free WiFi, so you should be OK to order an Uber from there.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Last time we stopped off at walmart on the way to the hotel and got cereal snacks and milk.

This time we are without a car and considering the huge number of snack credits we had left last time I'm not sure I'm going to bother. I think I might take some snacks and cereal with me and then buy milk from the onsite shop. If you're on the dining plan then there is so much food IMO that you don't really need extra - although snack bars are handy to distract kids in queues!
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
livlass
Excited about Disney

Last time we stayed I took cereal, breakfast bars & plastic bowls & spoons. This time I am doing an walmart order with Beth from Fairytale personal shopper.
livlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We always stay onsite without a car and don't bother with ordering food or Walmart visits. We take cereal with us (the mini variety packs) and just buy milk from the resort shop. At the resort we use our refillable mugs for drinks, and are happy to get bottles of water with meals or snack credits. In the parks, we get free iced water from QS places and food booths as we don't want to carry bottles around. We get fruit with snack credits too.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Garlicbread
Proud to wear my Ears

Ive been wondering this... are you actually allowed to take cereal / food through US customs?
Garlicbread is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Garlicbread View Post
Ive been wondering this... are you actually allowed to take cereal / food through US customs?
You can take this stuff through - just make sure that you declare it though.

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use

Mick
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Garlicbread View Post
Yes, you just have to declare it. There are certain things you can't take like fruit, meat etc, but cereal, biscuits, chocolate, tea bags etc are all fine

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Walmarts have free wifi but you could always pack disposable cereal bowls and spoons and a couple of packs of cereal, you can buy milk in the hotel shop.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There's a Winn Dixie not too far from the "expensive one" (Goodings), it's about a 20-25 min walk from DS or a short 5-10 min ride from there. We used Lyft last year & couldn't fault them, like Uber but cheaper! You could also look at Instacart- if you register they keep sending you vouchers.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List