Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I did Virgin PE last year and thought it was great. I was in in an aisle seat in the back row of the downstairs PE section, there was plenty of room. I enjoyed the meal and had no problem with the headphone socket and I'm not exactly thin!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
I have to disagree. I think it’s a great product and there is loads more room compared to economy. It sounds to me as though you perhaps didn’t pick the best seats? If the table came out of the arm, I presume you had bulkhead seats? The tray in the arm is a pain no matter what class I think. Also, I’ve heard that sometimes being in PE in the bubble can lead to not getting off first. If you’re not too put off, maybe next time try downstairs - row 19 is my fave as you can recline and almost first off the plane!
19D is where I sat I was one of the first off the plane but walk slowly because of problems with my legs and was overtaken by loads of people. I didn't mind though - I was just so chuffed to be there
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
To be honest it sounds like you were expecting business/first class.

Premium Economy isn't anything special. You get a slightly wider seat, slightly more leg room, more baggage, better check in (doesn't everyone check in online anyway) and priority boarding.

DH and I fly alot for work and as a family. MY DH is a big guy so he always sits with our youngest child he can spread out a bit more

Planes are public transport to me. Bit of a squish but a means to an end to get where you want to go
Wouldn't be much better Upper Class seats are not much wider! Worst business class seats have had tbh. Hopefully changing soon it's a really poor and out of date offering.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
If the table came out of the arm, I presume you had bulkhead seats
The tray is always in the arm in PE, personally I'd rather have the tray on the seat in front and a movable arm. Was nice we could both share arm rest tho
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have used PE a couple of times using miles and just paying taxes.
We found it to be a very good experience.
Using premium checkin and security, the drink when you board, more room and comfort, larger screen and I have never had a headphone jack anywhere but the arm. The food was good and then one of the 1st off and PE luggage collection

I wouldn't pay the full amount for it but it's better than losing our miles

Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I loved PE in the bubble, I'm not skinny but didn't have an issue with room.
Yes it's a pain having the headphone in the arm but that is fairly standard.
The tray table can be used in different positions, think it even moved back and forwards slightly.
They are supposed to let the bubble off before economy but sometimes the crew don't do this.
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I like PE, the space you get is a lot compared to Economy. I agree about the headphone jack and have bent one forgetting it was in when leaning across for something. The bulkhead seats are good for having no-one in front but agree the arm rest reduces width and the table is awkward. I usually go for the back row but had a bulkhead this time. The seat padding is more comfortable than in economy although for some reason the seatbelts are shorter.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have only ever had good experiences in PE and actually prefer the upstairs to down as like the storage box by the window. You can be a bit slower getting off upstairs so if you want to be off quick really need to sit downstairs.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I like PE, the space you get is a lot compared to Economy. I agree about the headphone jack and have bent one forgetting it was in when leaning across for something. The bulkhead seats are good for having no-one in front but agree the arm rest reduces width and the table is awkward. I usually go for the back row but had a bulkhead this time. The seat padding is more comfortable than in economy although for some reason the seatbelts are shorter.
I don't think the seat belt is really shorter I think it's because the seat is wider. I noticed the same on a Delta flight where the seats were wider.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

deffo think the seat belts are shorter
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List