Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Mar 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
We found three nights just about right.

We'd actually booked four nights, but left a day earlier than planned to head to our next stop - Vero Beach - because we felt we'd done all we wanted to in St Augustine. If we'd stayed the fourth night, I'm sure we'd have found plenty to do, but Vero Beach was a bigger pull for us at the time.
Love Vero beach... this was my quandary as the pull of Disney is great but I will stay strong ha ha as there is loads to do!
Old 11 Mar 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

1 day is way too much of a rush. It's not a theme park and doesn't benefit from a commando raid approach.

Take your time to wander around after doing the orientation on the trolley.

Found Ripleys was really good there - not crammed in a building too small so plenty to see.

The jail/schoolhouse quite interesting.

The beach at Vilano is lovely and you'd probably be the only people on it!
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
1 day is way too much of a rush. It's not a theme park and doesn't benefit from a commando raid approach.

Take your time to wander around after doing the orientation on the trolley.

Found Ripleys was really good there - not crammed in a building too small so plenty to see.

The jail/schoolhouse quite interesting.

The beach at Vilano is lovely and you'd probably be the only people on it!
Would you suggest staying on to do the whole loop on the trolley or is there no benefit to that?
Old 11 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Thanks YT we will stay the 3 nights it’s just the pull of the mouse lol thinking I could go for an extra day! I think we would be pushing it to do another state but it’s in the pipeline Hilton Head, then making our way down to Orlando. Did you get any bargains in the outlets? Would you say they are better than the international drive ones?
Do you miss SW land when you go - I think you go earlier than me in August? Just wondering if you are there will you be tempted to go and have a look?
I think most outlets outside Orlando are better.

Yes it was pretty good. I got a Levis shirt for $12 - my kids bought Calvin Klein stuff and trainers.

The Outlets in Orlando are about the worst. The best one I go to in Florida is near Fort Myers.
Old 11 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We went for a day so only scratched the surface, but did do the trolley tour, we loved this, def recommend doing the whole tour. We bought the a package with the trolley tour plus entrance to lots of attractions such as the jail, old store, historic museum, Colonial museum, pirate museum, there is also a large fort that looks interesting, especially for children.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Great thank you. I love Longhorns, Millers ect. Are any of those in town or do you need to drive out to them? If so how far away are they?
There was an out of town retail/food park with a few chain restaurants, about ten or fifteen minutes' drive from where we were on the edge of the Historic District (we were staying at the Bayfront Inn, a few hundred yards from the Bridge of Lions).
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Would you suggest staying on to do the whole loop on the trolley or is there no benefit to that?
The distillery is a good place to get off...

If it's hot then it's a nice cooling break
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We did the whole loop then went back to some places. The attraction costs can soon mount up so if you can get any special deals it would be worth looking for. It felt so much hotter there as well. The beach is well worth going to as well.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List