Notices

Old 20 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

So exciting! I will be following along with this with great interest as we take our DS in September when he will be 23 months

Looks like you have a fab trip planned!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
We are off at the end of April with a 26 month old so a few questions...

Are you taking a car seat/hiring a car? If so which car seat have you chosen?

How are you planning to entertain Bobby on the plane? Is he wiggly and how will you keep him in his seat for take off/landing?

Looking forward to seeing your trip report
Jumping in just in case it helps... we will be taking out our own car seat for DS (23 months at time of travel) and have a Joie Stages which is seat-belt fitted.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone!

One thing that we did notice when we went last Jan is that the Disney properties don't have anything to keep drawers/wardrobes closed and away from little fingers. And those drawers are finger traps!

This time we will be travelling with a roll of gaffer tape and some strong bungey cords (ours gets into everything). Maybe useful for others.

Also, the "pack and play" travel cot that we had last year was an odd shape (square) and there was no bedding specifically for it. We tried lining it with a sheet but that came up quite quickly. You may want to try a thicker liner that will stay still. We stayed at Old Key West.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thanks everyone!

One thing that we did notice when we went last Jan is that the Disney properties don't have anything to keep drawers/wardrobes closed and away from little fingers. And those drawers are finger traps!

This time we will be travelling with a roll of gaffer tape and some strong bungey cords (ours gets into everything). Maybe useful for others.

Also, the "pack and play" travel cot that we had last year was an odd shape (square) and there was no bedding specifically for it. We tried lining it with a sheet but that came up quite quickly. You may want to try a thicker liner that will stay still. We stayed at Old Key West.
Great tip re the gaffer tape!

Bobby is good with travel cots (famous last words) and never had any issues. Although part of me is thinking we may request bed rails when we get there! I understand you can get them for both sides and the bottom of the bed also.
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
I have looked several times at what movies are 'coming soon' on VA flights, as I love watching a couple of films to pass the times on the flight.

Then it just dawns on me that we likely won't get any time to watch a film...
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Great tip re the gaffer tape!

Bobby is good with travel cots (famous last words) and never had any issues. Although part of me is thinking we may request bed rails when we get there! I understand you can get them for both sides and the bottom of the bed also.
Ooo love the gaffer tape idea too. The SSR kitchen was the bane of our lives last year when DS was 11 months.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

This is our thinking also... Bobby was ok with the characters in DLP so hoping for more of the same in WDW.

Disney Hotels will be supplying a cot. We have requested one. Taking our own bedding etc though.
Ah thanks! I'll speak to Disney about this. I thought they would be able to accommodate but I had visions of us having to buy a cot from Walmart or something when we got there!

Not long to go now!

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Ah thanks! I'll speak to Disney about this. I thought they would be able to accommodate but I had visions of us having to buy a cot from Walmart or something when we got there!

Not long to go now!
You have options for a cot or bed rails. He should be fine in a cot but may change this whilst out there. Let’s see.

Starting to become real now. Can’t believe we go next week.

Not sure if this is nerves or excitement!
Old 27 Mar 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

You have options for a cot or bed rails. He should be fine in a cot but may change this whilst out there. Let’s see.

Starting to become real now. Can’t believe we go next week.

Not sure if this is nerves or excitement!
Excitement, definitely. Just think of the fun you will have watching him explore. Plus you always have the option that he will end up sleeping in the pushchair during the parades (or lying on top of you at night).

We have 30 days until we are off and I'm already full of butterflies!

Don't know if they still do it, but we got some nice group photos via the photopass service in their studios at Disney Springs in 2018 (different backgrounds). It wasn't very well publicised but worth a look if you want photos without crowds (and maybe for Xmas cards).
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Excitement, definitely. Just think of the fun you will have watching him explore. Plus you always have the option that he will end up sleeping in the pushchair during the parades (or lying on top of you at night).

We have 30 days until we are off and I'm already full of butterflies!

Don't know if they still do it, but we got some nice group photos via the photopass service in their studios at Disney Springs in 2018 (different backgrounds). It wasn't very well publicised but worth a look if you want photos without crowds (and maybe for Xmas cards).
That's great advice... thank you. Only a short boat ride from Disney Springs, so will check up on that!

Anyway... we are less than 4 days from travelling to the airport! Finishing packing tonight and hopefully have everything sorted.

Have to travel to Hamburg and back in-between... so need to ensure all sorted tonight!

Roll on Friday!