Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Mar 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Alaska

I’ve got my finger on the trigger to book it, although I don’t know if I’ve got a good price, anyone who’s been can you see what you think. I’ve only done one cruise and that was to the norweign fjords from southampton so I’m a bit nervous.

2 direct flight with air canada to Vancouver
2 nights in Vancouver at the century plaza hotel,
All transfers from airport, hotel, to cruise liner.
7 nights coral princess with balcony cabin.

£4397.00

I have only had one quote, should I get a few more.
Can anyone share there experiences of Alaska with me.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Think this would be better answered in cruise section, if mods can move it for you.

Does your itinerary include the inside passage? What time of year are you going? Have you checked tours and costs etc and factored that in? It sounds amazing, this is on my bucket list too so am following this thread!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Book it! We took the plunge and have booked on HAL for next May and I think you've got a really good deal. We can't book flights or hotel yet but we paid £3.1k for a balcony cabin so I reckon you've got a good price. We are planning on doing 5 days in Vancouver prior to the cruise.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Jo, that sounds a great trip at a great price, are you using a TA or booking direct?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Following with interest. I'd love to do this trip but from what I understand it's the cruise excursions which can be crippling?

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

It’s actually with charter travel, I did think it was a good price but have nothing to compare with. Was going to get a price with princess cruises so may do that. I know there’s been some negative feedback on here about them but I have used them before with no problems.

Edited at 10:18 PM.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
janey2000
Excited about Disney

Not sure if this helps... We are going in August. 2 adults and our 11 yr old. 7 nights royal Caribbean inside cabin £2000. Flights approx £1500 air transat.

The only thing id say is that id want more than a 9 day holiday for nearly £4.5k. We are doing seattle and vancouver in addition to the cruise.

Pre trip report - Aug 2014 Florida and Georgia
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=794593
janey2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
I’ve got my finger on the trigger to book it, although I don’t know if I’ve got a good price, anyone who’s been can you see what you think. I’ve only done one cruise and that was to the norweign fjords from southampton so I’m a bit nervous.

2 direct flight with air canada to Vancouver
2 nights in Vancouver at the century plaza hotel,
All transfers from airport, hotel, to cruise liner.
7 nights coral princess with balcony cabin.

£4397.00

I have only had one quote, should I get a few more.
Can anyone share there experiences of Alaska with me.

Have you booked? I think this is expensive. Try Barrhead Travel for another quote if you haven't already booked. We find them really competitive. We did a road trip through the Rockies and a week on Vancouver Island plus a cruise to Alaska. It was an amazing experience
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
It sounds a bit pricey.

We did a longer trip including the cruise on the Coral princess, the Denali wilderness tour for 5 nights, the Rocky Mountainer gold leaf train and 2 day pre-train tour, Vancouver for 2 days and then Seattle 2 nights for just over £5k per person, Flew in to Calgary and out of Seattle. We sorted all of our own transfers except for those that were arranged by the Rocky Mountaineer (my friends husband wanted to do the train, it didn't appeal to me but I am so glad we did it, an amazing experience)

Definitely recommend the cruise though, it was absolutely magnificent and although we have done lots of cruises this one was the best, strangely we are doing the Norwegian Fjords from Southampton this summer.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List