Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Mar 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

House of Blues looked fantastic, especially that Muffaletta sandwich.

Shame about the delay, nothing worse when its travel day.

Thanks for sharing your report, i have really enjoyed reading along to it.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Great trip report! Thank you for taking the time to write it!

Were there showers and changing rooms near the pool at Riverside? Never thought of using the pool after check out

I'm looking forward to your next trip report.We are planning on staying at POFQ next year.
MissJRabbit is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I don’t want this to be over

Today was very similar to our usual final day, flights to Scotland tend to leave a little earlier than the English ones so we only ever manage Disney Springs, never a park even though our tickets would still be valid.

I’m really keen to go back to House of Blues, ideally for lunch when it is quite quiet and I think it is really reasonable out of pocket. I had actually forgotten about the 20% off voucher so that is something I’ll keep in mind if we’re paying OOP, thank you!

I hate those little deli places in the airport, they are an absolute rip off and the sandwiches are awful, they could learn a lot from Boots!

You are lucky that the jet lag wasn’t so bad, it sounds like a tough travel day.

I am so, so sad that this trip has come to an end. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Adsrat
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Abby for this truly Fab Trip report. i only found it the other day so read the whole lot back as one. Having done Disney a few times i am amazed at how much you got into each day, which probably means i have done it all wrong! POFQ is a Fab resort if you haven't been there before. We will be there at the same time as you guys. Just look out for THAT family 4 kids including twins aged 3, we won't be hard to miss . hope you do a trippy for that holiday to as i would love to read and compare.

Adsrat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Have read the whole report and thoroughly enjoyed,thanks so much for taking the time,I tried (and failed!) once to do a report,it's hard work!.I bet it's lovely to look back on for all of you.
It's so lovely to hear there are people out there who have read it all and enjoyed it. I agree it will be lovely to look back on it all. I already love comparing the photos of us on our first trip with now!

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
House of Blues looked fantastic, especially that Muffaletta sandwich.

Shame about the delay, nothing worse when its travel day.

Thanks for sharing your report, i have really enjoyed reading along to it.
Those were all big sandwiches, and pretty good value if you don't have the dining plan.

It's been a pleasure to write it and share it with everyone.

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Great trip report! Thank you for taking the time to write it!

Were there showers and changing rooms near the pool at Riverside? Never thought of using the pool after check out

I'm looking forward to your next trip report.We are planning on staying at POFQ next year.
The showers and amenities actually ended up in a bit of a row which I didn't share in the original write up

So, the short answer to your question is yes there are showers and they are free to use, they are in the rest room block.

The long answer is...I'd asked Dave if they had shower gel, shampoo, conditioner in there before we left all our luggage with bell services. He assured me they did. Now I know I should have checked as maybe the men's room is different to the ladies, but it turns out there is only shower gel in a dispenser on the wall I wasn't best pleased and made that very clear

with hindsight I don't suppsoe the Flight attendants minded that my hair hadn't been properly washed

Anyway, the showers were great, of course the towels from the pool are free to use in there too so no need to have your own towels, but if you want more than just shower gel you will need to bring your own.

Fingers crossed I can give you the low down on POFQ.

Where do you want to book for the year after? I'll keep an eye out if free dining is released this year

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I don’t want this to be over

Today was very similar to our usual final day, flights to Scotland tend to leave a little earlier than the English ones so we only ever manage Disney Springs, never a park even though our tickets would still be valid.

I’m really keen to go back to House of Blues, ideally for lunch when it is quite quiet and I think it is really reasonable out of pocket. I had actually forgotten about the 20% off voucher so that is something I’ll keep in mind if we’re paying OOP, thank you!

I hate those little deli places in the airport, they are an absolute rip off and the sandwiches are awful, they could learn a lot from Boots!

You are lucky that the jet lag wasn’t so bad, it sounds like a tough travel day.

I am so, so sad that this trip has come to an end. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
It was a wistful last day, I quite like spending the last day in MK. Of course it's horrible to walk back down main street, but as we usually have done everything by the last day and multiple times too it's just nice to see what we can get on and I like to think of any ride as a bonus.

This year did feel odd not being in a park, but the lunch was lovely and the kids really did enjoy the pool.

If you stick do It qsdp that booklet of discounts could be handy. I can't remember if there were any others that might be useful. But 20% off was fab for HOB, Kate still says that was the best pulled pork burger she has ever eaten.

I'm sad, but not sad! I know that sounds mental, it feels like this trip has been going on forever, perhaps because I did the pre trip as well so I've been writing about it for over 2 years now. That's a long time, I'm ready for it to be done, plus I'm so very excited for the next one.

Originally Posted by Adsrat View Post
Thanks Abby for this truly Fab Trip report. i only found it the other day so read the whole lot back as one. Having done Disney a few times i am amazed at how much you got into each day, which probably means i have done it all wrong! POFQ is a Fab resort if you haven't been there before. We will be there at the same time as you guys. Just look out for THAT family 4 kids including twins aged 3, we won't be hard to miss . hope you do a trippy for that holiday to as i would love to read and compare.
If you had me behind you with my whip out forcing you to get up at 5.30 and banning breakfast until we had done some rides then you may have got more done, but you possibly wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as you enjoyed your own holidays!

I'm not sure my strategy would work for everyone

Ooh, will you be at POFQ at the same time as us? That's great I will look out for you, I hope you won't be too noisy at the the pool oh dear that family in deed I've got 3 younger brothers, I know what a big family is like. If you do see us please say hello it will make my family actually believe that people on the Dibb like reading this stuff.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi! Thank you for sharing your trip. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading each & every day.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
Hi! Thank you for sharing your trip. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading each & every day.
That's lovely of you to say. It's great to know that people have enjoyed reading it as I enjoyed writing it.

Old 16 Mar 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

A very smooth travel home day, lovely you could spend most of the day in the pool. That's the downside of staying in a villa is that you have to leave by 11am and with the flight not until the evening you're just kind of stranded in the day!
That lunch looks really good, we've not been to the House of Blues before. Definitely one to put on the list although the name of your sandwich did make me chuckle. Sorry that's my immature brain
I find the food offerings at the airport a complete let down most of the time and so expensive too!
I really like a 2-4-2 configuration too as we can either sit altogether in a row or split up like you did.
Ah the dreaded laundry, surely the worst part of any holiday ending!

I have really enjoyed reading along Abby, overall it looked like you all had a blast with only a few little spats which is really good going in my experience
Can't wait to read about this summers holiday at POFQ, off to find your pre trippy now

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
A very smooth travel home day, lovely you could spend most of the day in the pool. That's the downside of staying in a villa is that you have to leave by 11am and with the flight not until the evening you're just kind of stranded in the day!
That lunch looks really good, we've not been to the House of Blues before. Definitely one to put on the list although the name of your sandwich did make me chuckle. Sorry that's my immature brain
I find the food offerings at the airport a complete let down most of the time and so expensive too!
I really like a 2-4-2 configuration too as we can either sit altogether in a row or split up like you did.
Ah the dreaded laundry, surely the worst part of any holiday ending!

I have really enjoyed reading along Abby, overall it looked like you all had a blast with only a few little spats which is really good going in my experience
Can't wait to read about this summers holiday at POFQ, off to find your pre trippy now
The kids did enjoy the pool on the last day. I think the exercise probably did them good and helped them to be able to get a bit of sleep on the plane.

The food at the airport is dire, we should probably just go for a burger king or McDonald's they must have those around the airport after security.

We did do well really, as you say only a handful of arguments and given we were in each others pockets all day and night that's pretty good.

It's not too long until the summer adventures, it's going to be a good one I'm sure!