Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Mar 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

How good is Slinky Dog Dash

As title states.

Been unable to secure FP for SDD but do have the option of morning EMH on our first full day.

Am contemplating arriving early and joining the queue's to ride SDD first, but then thinking would it be more beneficial to ride other rides within HS with the queue's pretty low as majority of guests will be in TSL.

This would mean missing out on SDD altogether, as not planning on spending all day in the park and wouldn't want to queue longer than 1 hour.

On a side note, is Alien Swirling Saucers any good or should I keep my FP for TSM instead ?
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I loved Slinky Dog, IMO it's a great coaster.

Alien Swirling Saucers is good but nothing I'd rush to ride again!

For me the priority order would be Midway Mania, Slinky Dog, Alien Swirling Saucers.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Sdd is good fun - especially for kids. For the height restriction, anyone under that height it is as fast as they are going to go.

As an adult my personal preference in that situation would be to skip Sdd and go to ToT and RnR. First hour of emh they will both be pretty much walk ons the whole time. You could probably ride em both twice and have a go on star tours as well in that first hour. Then fp midway mania and a couple other things you want to do. And you will have had a day with almost zero queues the whole day, but you will have missed Sdd.

But it depends what rides you like if that makes sense for you!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

SS is not the best ride and i have been on other versions of this ride which are much better. SDD is a good family coaster and for me I would not want to miss it. Keep you FP for TSM and try and ride SDD first thing. Bear in mind in EMH there is not FP and so the Q moves faster then the rest of the day.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would defo make the most of EMH and get straight in the queue for SDD - we loved it! You could get in the queue for it, and be done before the park opens to everyone else and get straight into the queues for R&R and TOT

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

It’s a kids ride, it’s a very tame rollercoaster for any adult that’s ridden a few
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

It’s a fun coaster. Not extreme, just great fun. Probably in between seven dwarves mine train and big thunder.

I’d definitely rather go on that as opposed to alien swirling saucers.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
minshus
Excited about Disney

We as a family really enjoyed SDD. Get there early for EMH ride it once and move on. Personally l wouldn’t wait more than 10 minutes to go on Alien swirling saucers, it’s pretty rubbish IMHO.
minshus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s a really good version of what it is, a family coaster. We love it. ASS is a very fun ride as well.
Old 17 Mar 19, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
suejacken
Getting to know the DIBB

Not sure when you are going or if it’s an option for you but I booked an event called early magic hours t toy story land. It’s a paid event but you get access to toy story land from 7:30 to 8:45. I figured it was worth it for all of my party to ride all the toy story land rides in our limited time since they are all tier 1. It’s on certain days
suejacken is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List