Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 7 Mar 19, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Winn Dixie Formosa Gardens closing this month reductions

Hi

Went to Winn Dixie today for couple of things on way back to villa. They are closing down this month.

Anyone out here now they have everything reduced up to 50% including 25% off wine. No good for fresh items as no stock but for storecupboard you might find some good prices.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I meant to post this yesterday but forgot! I am not surprised in the slightest. They have been empty of customers for years due to their ridiculous pricing policy. The stock was way down on Monday night so I won't be surprised if they close before the posted date of March 25th. I couldn't even get the loaf of bread I went in for.

The good news for anyone looking for a quick shop on the way back to their villa in the Formosa area is that the cashier told me they are expecting a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market to go in. They aren't like the big Wal-Mart just down the road at Old Lake Wilson but a normal sized supermarket with mostly food. I am sure they will be much more reasonable than Marketplace and will actually get locals in doing full weekly shops.
Old 7 Mar 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Blimey, we always go to this shop when we stay at Windsor Palms. We have never really noticed the high prices as when we go, only get essentials like milk etc. Will be interested to see the replacement whatever it will be. Thanks for posting
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

I'm surprised they lasted this long. Any time we visited we were usually the only customers!
In saying that, many years ago when it was Goodings it was just as quiet then.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

jgtwo/2014/10/04/ancient...na-winn-dixie/

One of the last links to Splendid China going. I can remember feeding the fish!

Love the description of salad cream!
Old 7 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not really surprised.

After driving past it scores of times on our back way into Carrabba's or Cracker Barrel we finally called in about a year ago for the first time.

Around 6pm, about four other customers, no staff on the serve over counters and one check-out manned.

Mick
Old 7 Mar 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It is sad though - we always used to pick up first night groceries there - milk, bread, cereal on the way to a villa. Has become a bit of a tradition over the years.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yes us too always used for first night groceries but then use Target. Not surprised either. A mini Walmart would be good though as a quick stop.

Edited at 01:13 PM.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah thats a shame! But not surprising I think its one of those places that unless you knew it was there you wouldn't have a clue... our first night we attempted to find it but it looked so dark and just not open when we parked up so ventured further up to publix. Was only during the following weeks we actually found it was open and nipped in for bits and pieces on the way to and from the parks. Was always very empty in there though customer wise.
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shardriver
Trying for More Ears

Such a shame. Whilst the Walmarts and Super Targets get all the publicity, this little supermarket brings me great memories from when I first visited in 1991. I've been back many times whilst staying at Lindfields and Sunset Lakes. This was one of my first stop offs when driving from MCO, will miss that walk in beer fridge.
Shardriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List