Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Mar 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Cinema

Hi,

Hubby would like to see Avengers Endgame when we are in Orlando next month so looking for recommendations.

The one at Disney Springs appears to be super expensive but we'd like to go to a decent cinema (had a not so great experience in Vegas).

We are staying the the LBV area, no car but happy to Uber. We are not too fussed about food, just want to enjoy the film. We'll be going on a non park day/eve.

I went to an excellent cinema in Orlando back in 1998 but weirdly can't recall where it was - my first experience of a multiplex!

Any recommendations appreciated
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

There's one in Citywalk but no idea about the price.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney and Universal will be pretty similar for price (not just tickets but also drinks, popcorn, etc), but there IS a cheaper option if you go before 4pm. A good alternative, though, is the Cinemark multiplex at the former Artegon mall (and former Festival Bay before that!) at the top of I-Drive.

Here's the link: cinemark/florida/cin...orlando-and-xd
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

The cinema at the Loop shopping mall is very good.
Old 15 Mar 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The Regal at Pointe Orlando on I-drive is huge and has very comfortable seating - their recliner seats in the "normal" screens are huge and fabulous! (some of the "normal" screens still seat hundreds!)

They also have a 4DX screen and an Imax - neither of which have reclining.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scottlynn
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I thought the cinema on universal city walk to be tired and run down (just my opinion) we always go to the cinema at Posner Park . Very clean and never busy . I do wonder how they stay open?
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

I would also second the Posner Park cinema as a good choice for being out of the main tourist hubbub and also more reasonably priced.

There is another up in Altamonte that has really good prices for recent-run films: pictureshowent/theat...monte-springs/
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Love the cinema at pointe orlando , I agree with where I belong , the seats are amazing it’s also cheaper than the amc at Disney springs and city walk. Another gd cinema is the one at the artegin mall it’s always nice and quiet and is very cheap and used by locals mainly
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Disney and Universal will be pretty similar for price (not just tickets but also drinks, popcorn, etc), but there IS a cheaper option if you go before 4pm. A good alternative, though, is the Cinemark multiplex at the former Artegon mall (and former Festival Bay before that!) at the top of I-Drive.

Here's the link: cinemark/florida/cin...orlando-and-xd
Thanks, this maybe the one I went to way back when.
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
The cinema at the Loop shopping mall is very good.
Thanks, I'll check it out