Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
There is a new Wawa on the Steak n Shake forecourt just North of Crossroads. Caxton and Wawa works well for us.
I'm not familiar with that area, is that at Linden Crossoads where the 417 / World Center Drive / International Drive south converge?
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry, have to ask! What is a WaWa card? Why is it worth having?
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by k1971 View Post
I'm not familiar with that area, is that at Linden Crossoads where the 417 / World Center Drive / International Drive south converge?
It's in Lake Buena Vista, just North of the junction of the road running from Disney Springs (Hotel Plaza Boulevard) with the 535. Address is 8894, Vinings Way Boulevard.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
Sorry, have to ask! What is a WaWa card? Why is it worth having?
WaWa is a gas station with an ATM
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
It's in Lake Buena Vista, just North of the junction of the road running from Disney Springs (Hotel Plaza Boulevard) with the 535. Address is 8894, Vinings Way Boulevard.
Excellent, thank you! Saved it in my HereWeGo maps collection,
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ShopandRide
Helping Mickey

I queried the charging issue with Caxton before leaving for our current trip & esablished that you are charged £2 per month once your account has been inactive for 2 years, until such time as you use it again. Tend to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees for most things these days as the exchange rate is better, but do like to have something on my Caxton card as a back-up & have never had any issues with it.
ShopandRide is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by k1971 View Post
Last time we were over in 2015 for spending money I took some cash and had the rest on a Caxton FX card.
I was able to withdraw several hundred dollars at a time at ATMs etc. As a rule I preferred to pay cash for things anyway and it all worked very well.
Not that long until we fly again so I'm looking at the options. I still have a dormant caxton account with 300+ dollars on it from 2015 which I've just discovered is being charged a couple of quid a month so I have to load something on to it soon anyway.

I keep hearing about Revolut, but I'm also hearing some negative stories as well.
So I don't know what to do.
Any thoughts?
Still use my Caxton card trouble free

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List