Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderella2006 View Post
We are taking our 3 month old, our 11 year old who is in a wheelchair and our 15 year old.
It’s going to be a challenge juggling a wheelchair and a pram with a newborn but I can think of no place I would rather do it 😊
Love this attitude- 100% this for every “are you sure?!”
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I would. It would depend on how everything is going though. Some babies are much easier than others- breast feeding is easier than having to carry formula/bottle everywhere etc. We took a 6 month old to Rome- up and down St Peters etc it was fab.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all your hints and tips. Think we’re def going for it, just need to find something in budget 😬😆
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We took our GD when she was 6 months old, it was easy.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Thanks for all your help. We booked last night with BA, flying indirect from Glasgow through Gatwick.
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Easiest holiday to Florida we ever did with our kids was the one with a 15 month old son and a 4 month old daughter. You will have a great time and great memories. Plus, it's fun buying baby clothes that are different from the ones we get here.

The airports both sides were the most difficult part. Waiting to get on the Virgin plane with 2 babies (15 month old was delayed in walking and had only started walking 2 days prior to our trip! ), double buggy and hand luggage was a nightmare. They told us that families were boarded last. It was not fun. The flight was absolutely fine. DD slept in the sky cot for hours. It was the first time she had slept for more than a couple of hours at a time. She still doesn't sleep for hours now (She is 11 years old! ). When we arrived in Orlando we had to go through immigration before we could get our buggy from the baggage carousel. The babies were both sleepy and cranky. Our 4 month old daughter was screaming her head off and I couldn't hear anything the immigration guy was saying. Luckily he took pity on us and let me and DD through. DS and DH took a bit longer. I found our buggy but couldn't open it to put DD in with one hand. I ended up putting her on the floor (ewwww) and opening it up. The big scary dogs were out in force too which just made me even more nervous about putting her down. DH and DS came out just as she fell asleep in the buggy. We walked out into the warm Florida air and I instantly felt better. Until we got in the car and DD screamed the entire way to the hotel.

That night we went over to what was Downtown Disney and DS fell asleep in the buggy holding a giant Mickey. Still one of my favourite memories ever.

Have fun!

Edited at 11:44 AM.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
Easiest holiday to Florida we ever did with our kids was the one with a 15 month old son and a 4 month old daughter. You will have a great time and great memories. Plus, it's fun buying baby clothes that are different from the ones we get here.

The airports both sides were the most difficult part. Waiting to get on the Virgin plane with 2 babies (15 month old was delayed in walking and had only started walking 2 days prior to our trip! ), double buggy and hand luggage was a nightmare. They told us that families were boarded last. It was not fun. The flight was absolutely fine. DD slept in the sky cot for hours. It was the first time she had slept for more than a couple of hours at a time. She still doesn't sleep for hours now (She is 11 years old! ). When we arrived in Orlando we had to go through immigration before we could get our buggy from the baggage carousel. The babies were both sleepy and cranky. Our 4 month old daughter was screaming her head off and I couldn't hear anything the immigration guy was saying. Luckily he took pity on us and let me and DD through. DS and DH took a bit longer. I found our buggy but couldn't open it to put DD in with one hand. I ended up putting her on the floor (ewwww) and opening it up. The big scary dogs were out in force too which just made me even more nervous about putting her down. DH and DS came out just as she fell asleep in the buggy. We walked out into the warm Florida air and I instantly felt better. Until we got in the car and DD screamed the entire way to the hotel.

That night we went over to what was Downtown Disney and DS fell asleep in the buggy holding a giant Mickey. Still one of my favourite memories ever.

Have fun!
Thank you. It’s the airport I’m dreading. Luckily he likes being in the baby carrier so will def pack that for the airport once we’ve got rid of the buggy. If my memory’s right we’ve got about 2 hours on the way over and 3 on the way back to transfer.

Oh, I didn’t even think of getting different baby clothes, best stay away from temptation 😂

Edited at 03:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lapixiefairy View Post
Thank you. It’s the airport I’m dreading. Luckily he likes being in the baby carrier so will def pack that for the airport once we’ve got rid of the buggy. If my memory’s right we’ve got about 2 hours on the way over and 3 on the way back to transfer.

Oh, I didn’t even think of getting different baby clothes, best stay away from temptation 😂
Mine hated the baby carrier and I suffer with back problems so wouldn't have been ideal for us anyway. With a baby carrier you will be fine.

Haha give in to the temptation!
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

We went with my niece who was 7 months and we had no problems at all. Possibly the older they get with the terrible twos etc may be harder but in my experience having a baby there was no problems and she seemed to have fun lol. Have a great trip
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TheBeeFamily
Helping Mickey

We took our son at 12 weeks then 6 months. 6 months he absolutely benefited it from, even though he won't remember it. It was so magical for us. We flew Virgin and had a sky cot and it was really good, haven't flown with anyone else.

Do it, you'll have the memories forever!
TheBeeFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List