Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Mar 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile Discount Florida Car Hire

Having always paid for the upgraded car through Virgin we are considering using this company and saving some money. Has anyone used it? Are they good? If you book Alamo through them can you still use skip the counter and collect at the garage like with Virgin? Does anyone know if their platinum insurance is the same level of cover as the platinum Virgin one? We had a knock in a car park last year and with the Virgin insurance we’d upgraded we didn’t have to pay or do a thing apart from make a phone call, it was well worth the money. Thanks for any advice
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

This will get moved to car hire section soon...

Loads of people have used DFCH. Very highly recomended. All insurances you need, no excess. You can buy additional for lost keys etc, but damage to the car is fully covered.

Yes you can do Alamo stc through dfch.

Andy who runs it is super helpful.

You can book with him, then every time you see it cheaper he will drop the price if you let him know. I had 2 bookings with. 1 i have knocked down by about £100 from the initial price. The other i did end up cancelling as found a hertz rental cheaper and wanted to use their gold membership (which is 1 thing dfch, or any other broker cant do).

You can cancel his bookings till 2 days before you go. So just get it booked and then carry on looking is my suggestion.

Edit:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1118266

Edited at 08:32 AM.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. All Alamo bookings carry the online check in and skip the counter options no matter who 'sells' the product.
That applies to Virgin, Andy, Usrentacar, Netflights etc etc.

As long as the car is booked through a UK website and has full CDW and SLI you will not be held responsible for any damage. The only exception being if you take the car off road!

I hire in Florida 3 or 4 times a year. I always use Alamo but show no loyalty to anybody.

Whoever is the cheapest gets my business.
For example this year I have 1 booking with Virgin Atlantic, 2 with Alamo Brits and 1 with Andy.

It's all down to price for me as the bottom line is I get off the aircraft, toddle along to the garage and pick a car. Whoever has 'supplied' it to me is immaterial. Cost is the factor.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I have used them 3 times! they have always been the cheapest. I will keep using them.
All have been Alamo and we just checked in online and went straight to the garage.
I can deffo recommend.
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
This will get moved to car hire section soon...

Loads of people have used DFCH. Very highly recomended. All insurances you need, no excess. You can buy additional for lost keys etc, but damage to the car is fully covered.

Yes you can do Alamo stc through dfch.

Andy who runs it is super helpful.

You can book with him, then every time you see it cheaper he will drop the price if you let him know. I had 2 bookings with. 1 i have knocked down by about £100 from the initial price. The other i did end up cancelling as found a hertz rental cheaper and wanted to use their gold membership (which is 1 thing dfch, or any other broker cant do).

You can cancel his bookings till 2 days before you go. So just get it booked and then carry on looking is my suggestion.

Edit:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1118266

Thank you, that’s really helpful
ClaireVC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Used DFCH the last few times we have travelled - excellent service
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't add any more really. We've used him about four times recently and always Alamo because we prefer the option to skip the counter.

Mick
Old 17 Mar 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If looking to use Andy and you don't have a US SatNav Andy does a good "free" hire that is massively cheaper than renting it from Alamo too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Done Brits twice and Andy-DFCH twice. The Convenience of dropping an email for price changes and not having to pay up-front is the sway for us to DFCH.
Everything else is exactly the same.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Used Andy this year and it was proven to be the cheapest service and the best service we have had in years. Highly recommend. All insurances provided as well and as the others said you can change your booking until 2 days before if required without penalties.
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List