Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Satisfactual
Trying for More Ears

Virgin flights

Hi dibbers, what is the cheapest day of the week to fly to and from Gatwick to Orlando? Planning for next May, want too book free dining if it comes out but dont want too get stung with high flight prices? Or is it easy to change holiday dates with Disney or not? Thanks
Satisfactual is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

you can have a look at, say a random week in January now, to establish what the quietest day of the week for flights to MCO is. Apart from avoiding Saturdays out and Saturday/Sunday back, I'd guess there isn't much difference in price based on day of the week.

Yes, you can change your dates with Disney as long as there is availability to change your dates once your flights are out and available to book.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
[QUOTE=sammykitten;13739183]you can have a look at, say a random week in January now, to establish what the quietest day of the week for flights to MCO is. Apart from avoiding Saturdays out and Saturday/Sunday back, I'd guess there isn't much difference in price based on day of the week.

I have always found that Tuesday/Wednesday are a bit cheaper myself on VA hence my upcoming trip being outward and return on Tuesday.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your thread is entitled "Virgin flights". Does that mean your committed to them?

We invariably find that BA PE can be up to £1,000 cheaper than VS PE from LGW for two of us - but that's November not in peak summer. They announce their flights a bit earlier than VS as well. BA at 355 days out and VS 330. As others have said maybe early in the week a bit cheaper than the end but as we always stay in a villa we can moderate our dates a few days either side.

Mick
Old 17 Mar 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Satisfactual
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone, not committed to anything at mo just wanting to book disney hotel as soon as free dining hits and didnt want too make a mistake and book expensive flight day, thanks again
Satisfactual is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Satisfactual View Post
Thanks everyone, not committed to anything at mo just wanting to book disney hotel as soon as free dining hits and didnt want too make a mistake and book expensive flight day, thanks again
Thomas Cook flights are already out for May 2020. They don't fly every day though from LGW but it may give you some idea. We've flown TC PE three times from MAN in the past couple of years and again in two weeks.

Tend to find TC cheapest in April but they don't do our dates in Nov so we then use BA. Both regularly beat VS and as we live roughly midway we just drive south-east in the autumn and north-west in the spring.

We have no loyalty with airlines. They are tin tubes that get us safely over the water, in reasonable comfort and reasonably on time. ££££ is our decision maker.

Mick
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

Weekends tend to be busier (more expensive) with holidaymakers. Monday, Thursday & Friday tend to be busier with business travellers. So typically Tuesday & Wednesday are quieter and cheaper.
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

That's not something to worry about. Book with WDTC when free dining is available and then move it by a day or two once you've got flights sorted. We've done that a couple of times. We even swapped resorts one year after a change of mind. They will bill you as if you'd selected your new dates originally. If the price goes up, they charge you the difference, if it goes down, they charge you £50 per person for the change. (which is certainly less than you normally save on flights)

We fly from Manchester but the principles are the same. I book 3 weeks leave from Work, explaining to the boss that I won't actually take them all, I just need flexibility. I might then book 2 weeks with Disney when free dining is out. Then when flights come out we wait until we're happy with a price, and once booked, we then call Disney and adjust dates and adjust leave dates around the confirmed dates.
If we haven't booked early with Disney I still do the same regarding flights and work.

Doing it this way we've flown on pretty much every day of the week. Midweek is usually cheaper, but not always. It all depends on the way different days have sold and your diligence/luck. Flying Thursday can be good as arriving home Friday AM, means you get 3 days to recover. Flying Monday is good as you get weekend to pack without rushing about.
Old 18 Mar 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hi dibbers, what is the cheapest day of the week to fly to and from Gatwick to Orlando? Planning for next May, want too book free dining if it comes out but dont want too get stung with high flight prices? Or is it easy to change holiday dates with Disney or not? Thanks
You can look at TUI now. (20 May to 03 June 2020 into Sanford is £585). That is on a Wednesday.

For research and the answer to your question, go on Google Flights.

Search on a 1 way Gatwick to Orlando for one person. Clearly you cannot get next May, but you can look at this year for trends.

When your flight comes up, the toolbar above can give you..
a) A bar chart of the cheapest flight on that route, every day from tomorrow to plus 330 days from now.
b) A one click of best prices on that chosen date from all nearby departure airports.
c) A one click of best prices on that chosen date to all nearby arrival points.
d) All the normal filters.

Do the same on your return flight.

Now try for a round trip, using what you have just learned through research.

This does not mean that Google Flights gives the best deal, merely that they are (IMHO), the best search options. When it comes to booking, I then try the same flights with Kayak, Skyscanner, Opodo etc etc... and then direct on the Airlines own website.

You now have a good idea of the best days of the week for both out and home.. At a rough guess, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. From LGW, You may have picked up an oddity, such as cheap deals to Tampa or Sanford. It is worth remembering that whilst Orlando may be 25 mins from your accommodation, Sanford and Tampa may not be much further. You may even start looking at Fort Lauderdale or Miami if the savings are big enough!

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:42 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Leah30
Helping Minnie

I also find Tuesday and Weds flights more reasonable with VA.

Florida Obsessed
Leah30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List