Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We always go for 8 A and 9 A. Plus we eat together.
Agreed - and these are booked for September out and back. Not keen on 6 as they only have the view of the bulkhead!
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We usually pick the last 2 rows A side near the bar!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I genuinely think it does not matter so long as you are towards the front, I wouldn’t choose 6 personally due to not having the overhead (a minor issue but I don’t like intruding into others space to access my bag).
Just not from 9 back as you may get noise from anyone at the bar. On an overnight flight from Atlanta once, I was in the very back row (urgent flight switch, no other available) and two men were sitting at the bar, their speech volume getting louder as they drank more. I really needed to sleep, fortunately there was a wonderful purser who sent them back to their seats, this is not always the case.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

First experience of Upper on tomorrow's flight. Just upgraded and got 7A & K.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dublingirl
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We always go for 8 A and 9 A. Plus we eat together.
We always have 8A and 9A. I find 6A and K a bit too close together. We do our own thing for most of the flight but are easily able to chat if we want to.
Dublingirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We were in 6A and K and really I didn't like them As others have said no overhead storage, I think that starts from 8 and even though there was a place to put my handbag etc the Flight Attendant made me remove items from there for take off and landing.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Two experiences I have had in seat 8A

The lovely Lady in seat 7 who in order to get into her cabin bag above me climbed on my stool and stood on my paperwork in her bare feet!

I called the attendant and asked her to put gloves on and remove the said paperwork. I don't speak quietly!

Oh, and the Guy in seat 7 who decided that Vaping as we cruised over the Atlantic was acceptable. Doubt he will forget my bollocking in a hurry.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

May be a daft question but is there any difference between 8/9A and 8/9K? We were booked in 8A and K but reading this makes me think we ought to be in 8 and 9 but 9A is already booked so would have to be 8 and 9 K we swap to.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cap'n Jack
Very Serious Dibber

Cap'n Jack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
6A & 6K

-Steve
Agree, but watch out, there are no overhead lockers for 6A+K. If you try opening the 'false locker' others will know you've never flown Upper before
Cap'n Jack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
Agree, but watch out, there are no overhead lockers for 6A+K. If you try opening the 'false locker' others will know you've never flown Upper before
They will know that with me anyway - I'll be the giddy one
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List