Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Posting pictures of your kids

Thinking of doing a trip report but slightly worried that there will then be pictures of the kids and us on the internet for anyone to find.

I do post very few pictures on Facebook but I think that’s more private than the dibb.

What do you guys think?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Personally I don't do it, but I am completely two-faced about it as I love looking at others trip reports and half the time it the pictures of faces having a good time that I look at. So would be sorry if others didn't !

Plus the technology of uploading photos would completely confuzzle me be it picture of a wall or my kids.

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Also - think this is a lot about my age. I don't do it, yet my kids will post 1000s of selfies and everything else an hour. So almost why should I be careful, if they aren't?

Part of it I guess is I quite like my anonymity.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Personally I don't do it, but I am completely two-faced about it as I love looking at others trip reports and half the time it the pictures of faces having a good time that I look at.
Haha - this is me exactly.
Personally, I don’t put out pictures of myself, my children or any of my family on here - but that doesn’t mean that I don’t think people should.
It’s just a personal preference. I LOVE looking at other peoples’ photos on their trip reports, putting faces to names etc.
I think it’s about what you’re comfortable with.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We post our family photos on the trip report here. I don’t have small children though but I don’t think that would make a difference. I’m not especially worried about someone seeing our holiday pics but if you are concerned, you could either not post photos of the family (so just views etc) or only post photos from behind the person so not showing their face. I have read quite a few trip reports where they have done this and just use initials to identify the person whilst keeping them anonymous
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It depends on the children's situation. Most people who don't want pictures of their kids online are that way because there are family issues or legal issues concerning them. If your kids are happy and settled and have no issues I don't see a problem at all with posting pictures of them.
OTHER PEOPLE posting pictures of my kids without my permission I would not like, but you know where and when they are OK to post.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have posted a few photos of my granddaughter on here... but on insta, I only do the back of her...no face...no idea why though! 🙄

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I would be quite concerned over posting pictures of young children even on these boards. Certain types of people ‘lift’ otherwise innocent photos of young children to post on paedophile websites. I’ve noticed a lot of photos recently on the Dibb of toddlers. I certainly wouldn’t post pictures of my child anywhere so public. Anyone can access these boards even if they are not registered users.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
It depends on the children's situation. Most people who don't want pictures of their kids online are that way because there are family issues or legal issues concerning them. If your kids are happy and settled and have no issues I don't see a problem at all with posting pictures of them.
OTHER PEOPLE posting pictures of my kids without my permission I would not like, but you know where and when they are OK to post.
I don't think the first bit is true at all. I know plenty of people who have no legal or family issues who will not do it for a variety of reasons , including the child's right to privacy (you may be happy to post selfies every hour but your kids when they are old enough to decide may feel differently ) , once out there on the internet, it's there forever, strangers using photos of children for sexual purposes etc .

Just because you are happy to do it , doesn't mean everyone is and there are plenty of people who think any photo on social media is fair game and will share photos regardless and without permission , whether that's a shot of your kid with others at a birthday party or a group activity or something more personal.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i would never do it on here

simple to right click and save any photo posted on here to any computer...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List