Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

I always print our Estas as one year all the computers were down and everything had to be done manually... and the queues through Immigration became horrendously long.

Those with a paper copy of their Esta were directed through to a different side and we got through in 10mins and was in the car in 35mins from landing - yes really!

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Obviously not for Disney 45 in post #7
I cannot comment on that i wasn't there,however i travel to Orlando every year and never been asked that...On esta website it states you will not be asked for a copy but that is a good idea to print off for your records...Maybe if their computers where down its worth having as you cannot show that by email..

Edited at 02:36 PM.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I cannot comment on that i wasn't there,however i travel to Orlando every year and never been asked that...On esta website it states you will not be asked for a copy but that is a good idea to print off for your records...
I've already said on this thread that I've never been asked either - just as I've never been asked for proof of airline payment in the last few trips. In the last 10 years on here I can maybe count on one hand the number of Dibbers asked.

But while there's a minor risk of being asked to produce a sheet of paper I'd rather minimise the risk.

Nobody has to take any notice of what we do though.

Mick
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I've already said on this thread that I've never been asked either - just as I've never been asked for proof of airline payment in the last few trips. In the last 10 years on here I can maybe count on one hand the number of Dibbers asked.

But while there's a minor risk of being asked to produce a sheet of paper I'd rather minimise the risk.

Nobody has to take any notice of what we do though.

Mick
No one has to take any notice of what any of us do!..I was simply answering the OP s question..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I print everything off and have it in a folder. I also scan and have them as pdf's on my iPad. Over the top yes but it's all part of the holiday build up for me.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I think its great nowadays as years ago it was devastating if a document was forgotten..Now its really only the passport we cannot forget..
Old 19 Mar 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I think its great nowadays as years ago it was devastating if a document was forgotten..Now its really only the passport we cannot forget..
Passport and the Alamo bar code for straight to the garage. Couldn't face the terminal car hire desks any more.
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When travelling between here and U.K. I don’t take any hard copies except when flying BA because thier App is rubbish.

For my trip to Orlando I’ve got copies of everything, right down to the kingdom stroller confirmation
I have no strong opinions either way if your happy to trust technology great if you would rather have hard copies, like me, then again what’s the issue?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Everything, a couple of years ago we travelled via Toronto and Dh ESTA wouldn’t come up anywhere , showed the print out all was good.
Last year we prebooked our hotel at Sanibel and were overcharged at check out, I had the original and proved we had paid the lower $400 lower ! Price .
I have travelled since the early 80’s and always been the same .
I have all the apps on my phone but if I lost my phone or simply could not get Wi-fi I have my paper back ups.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

We print off everything! One year we decided not to print anything as we'd been several times and never needed it -big mistake. This time the immigration officer would not believe we were there on vacation and got my husband mistaken for somebody else. He wanted proof of our accommodation booking and return flight, both of which were on our phones. However, he wouldn't allow us to turn our phones on to show him. After a lengthy discussion we were sent to secondary screening. Whilst emptying our suitcases, the officer there kept asking my husband about his assault charge and the subsequent restraining order against him. Absolutely no such things exist and everybody who knows my husband laughs about this when we tell them, as he is so gentle and easy going and has never been in trouble with the police (or anyone else for that matter). At the point of us believing we were going to be sent home on the next flight, my husband asked the officer if the person he thought he was, was born in Singapore. That seemed to change everything and finally we were believed and got to repack our bags and go. A horrendous start to our holiday could have been avoided somewhat if I'd just taken the paperwork as usual. Needless to say, we always take it now.
pix70 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List