Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Was that in the 1950s?
Cheeky sod!

It was 1992 and I think by 93 it had gone up to over a dollar!

The first time we did an all you can eat restaurant my OH indulged to such an extent he had to sit on the running Board of the car for a while before he could drive! We had never seen the like as dining out in the UK in those days meant Beefeaters and Berni Inns.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I liked Race Rock
Ahh I miss Race Rock, I still fondly remember DS's face when we first took him in there as a toddler! (He's a muscle bound giant now! )

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Jungle Jim's at Crossroads...the kids loved it especially the little plastic cocktail drink animals.

The big difference for me now to when we first went 30 years ago was the amazement the big shopping centres, massive supermarkets and restaurants we couldn't get over here... now it's pretty much like for like
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Who remembers the automatic seat belts on the rental cars that you had to climb into and buckled you up as you got in the car?

They were on a little motor on the door frame. Absolute garbage and broke after about 12 months usage.

Tom

We had those in the Buick Skylark back in 1990 - pictured here at Fantasy World our first Floridian accommodation.

Mick
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Going to Boardwalk and Baseball near Haines City, can remember it had a large wooden rollercoaster called the hurricane. The park closed January 1990.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grump$ View Post
Going to Boardwalk and Baseball near Haines City, can remember it had a large wooden rollercoaster called the hurricane. The park closed January 1990.
My son persuaded me to ride that coaster. My language was unrepeatable. I thought I was going to die, while he laughed as most 10yr olds do.
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

first time was back in 1990. Park hopper ticket was in the form of having your hand stamped as you left the park which allowed you to go back in again later in the day :-)

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I remeber the time before the Internet, Book via a travel agent. we were brave and used to just book the flight, car and 1st night accomodation and then would pick up the hotel books and drive along and ask for the special rate. Waking up in a morning and looking at the sky to decide what the weather was going to be. Not knowing the park times until you got to Orlando/Kissimee. No such thing as FP. Been asked to take a card so they could measure the queue time. $2 to £1.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Been asked to take a card so they could measure the queue time.
They still do that, or at least they did up to a couple of years ago as were asked to take it on the tea cups

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Remember in the very early days of Airtours staying on O.B.T. in an actually very pleasant motel but suspect it may have been near the Red Light area. The Master bed had a vibrating machine in it, the whole bed took off! DS at 10 thought this was great fun, we put more quarters in the slot than road tolls

Edited at 03:38 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List