Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I go away with my friends once a year and have been doing so for 10 years! We are aged 45-55 and have a fantastic time! We started going just for a weekend, using Tesco vouchers, when our children were younger, and did Brighton, London, Edinburgh, Dublin, then as the kids have got older we have been further and for longer - Mallorca, Norway Fjords cruise, Christmas Market Cruise, Tuscany, etc. We have the most wonderful time, we chat, dance, enjoy good food and wine, and forget all our stresses at home. Its fab just packing for one too. I hope we make many many more trips and memories! This year we have a 5 night cruise to Holland. Everyone is different, if you feel its not for you thats fine!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love a girls few days away. I usually go with my two SIL's who are more like best friends We've been to London a few times and Barcelona. Would love to go away every year but things on hold due to health reasons and financial for some of us There's nothing better than getting good girl chat time, bit of sight seeing and some long lunches with wine, love it. DH tries to go skiing every two years with friends as I don't ski and it's his passion.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Perfect
Proud to wear my Ears

I have been going away for a long weekend almost every year since I got married and that’s over 35 years ago. Originally there were 5 of us, over the years it’s become just me and a good friend. We mostly go abroad for 3 nights, city breaks or to a beach resort. It’s totally different from holidays with my husband, but I enjoy spending time with my friend.
Perfect is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Yup. Another one went to Alicante with my friends and had a great time. Spent the days on the beach and then hit the bars on an evening with a nice meal and watched the world go by.

If parts of what they are doing then you could have a word and say you don’t want to do horse riding etc. You are paying money too and don’t have to do things you dislike.

Where are you going? Do they mean clubbing or bars?

You may surprise yourself and really enjoy it.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I've been away on weekends with various friends to various places over the years, so yes, in my 40s.
Hubby has been away too in the past with friends mainly 'Dads hiking and camping trips' as they used to call them.

These days, last couple of years, we tend to do couples breaks now the kids are older and one of us doesn't need to be with them.

I would still go away without him if I had something planned though, he doesn't mind and likewise vice versa.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreaming
VIP Dibber

I love my girlie breaks, they keep me sane. Infact i am off to Lanzarote in two days just me and my mum.
Disney Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Irish
Imagineer

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Im taking the words from your own signature OP
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have separate holidays every year , I travel with my best friend often we have a spa weekend and another trip , we’ve done Christmas markets, Las Vegas , and New York , hubby often goes on fishing trips or solo holidays or rugby stuff too .
While our children were little we wouldn’t leave them without one of us was simply easier this way and gave us some adult time as our family holidays are often catered for the kids , I imagne even once we can travel more asa couple we’ll still have separate breaks
It’s very different to travelling as a family and I can be a little bit selfish only accommodating my own needs .

I thinks it does is good to have some personal time .
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve been on several girls weekends away, Rome, Ireland, Spain, Bath, Germany, and off to Budapest next weekend. My husband wouldn’t want to come along, don’t think he could think of anything worse that a weekend with my mates and their husbands 😂 Think it does us the world of good getting away for a few days, the kids don’t care if I’m gone either, means a weekend of eating rubbish and playing Xbox without mums moaning 😂

Edited at 02:38 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I love going away with my girlfriends,we are all married,in our 50’s & 60’s & this year we have 6 nights in Spain in may,then in Oct we have 2 weeks,doing Atlanta,Nashville,Memphis & New Orleans.
One of our friends husband,has no interest in holidays at all & he always gives her his blessing.
We all live apart & it’s a standing joke,after we all get together,that his first question,when she gets home is “where are you off to next”
We are 4 women,who only get together about 2,3 times a year,we very rarely phone or text as we are all busy,as is everyone,but it is a friendship that,when we do get together,we all just pick up,from the last time,so for me,that’s as important,as going away with my husband.
All the husbands,are quite happy,to let us go off & have a really good time,so it works for us all.
Our next long haul,is India.cant wait!
Tracy x