Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Standard annoying question, but advice appreciated.

Hi guys, we go in 14 days and we have had some money issues lately, unforeseen circumstances...

If on a budget ie, breakfast in villa and only a handful out, take packed lunch to parks, and ate out at the cheapest places ie steak n shake, McDonalds and cicis... (I dont know any others that are filling and cheap), including all misc spends (not gifts etc just genuine spends like an ice cream for a treat), parking and fuel would also come out of the spends, would $80 to $100 dollars be enough? Or would we struggle?
I want it to be nice and not moaning we cant afford things but in the same respect need to keep a lid on it.
I guess I'm wondering if I need to try get some more money together or if in fact we actually have plenty?
Were two adults and a teenager.

If anyone has any input I would welcome it. Thank you xx

Edited at 12:11 PM.
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Its 25$ per day parking.
That takes ur budget down to 75$ day.
An icecream in the park will cost u $5 so thats $60/day for food fuel and anything else.
Id say it is do able but its going to be v v tight.
Even going to buy water/snacks/ for walmart ur looking at 60$ so theres ur first days budget.
Have u included ur room taxes thats another 12 ish dollars per night
Where r u staying? Fuel could get expensive...
Not being negative just honest xx
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
GSJALK
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thank you. I need honesty so I can best prepare we have 1 night Disney all sports 1 night hrh, and the rest in a villa. We go for 2 weeks xx
GSJALK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Without prying how much do actually have available. Is $100 a day your top figure ?
We went as 3 adults and a teen and had $150 a day but that was In 2017 so exchange slightly more favourable. Shopping doesn’t interest me thankfully.

We had breakfast in the villa. I took variety pack cereals from home. We don’t usually bother with lunch on holiday- maybe a tub of Pringles, a few Walmart snacks, not healthy I know !
For evening meals you can always go to a restaurant for a take out meal and take it back to the villa to eat by the pool. Saves paying the tip and you can have cheap drinks from Walmart. We actually prefer this anyway. Our favourite is Panda Express Chinese and a family meal there is about $35. Buy drinks from Walmart. Have a look out for coupons, you can find them in tourist leaflets in supermarkets Also sign up to various restaurant sites for money off coupons. Do this in the last week as they have short expiry dates. Freeze bottles of water to take to the parks and many quick services places give free iced water.
We got a groupon deal for cicis pizza.
Parking is a bit of a killer. We put parking money into an envelope of its own so we didn’t dip in to it. We separated our money in to days. If there was money left over then put it forward in to the next day.

Dixonsontour has done several really good trip reports if you search for them. They are also 2 adults and their daughter and they spent $100 a day.

You will have a great time no matter what money you have. A lot of the time we were too tired to eat !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
TBH, I would consider cancelling the on-site stays, if possible to extend your villa stay, and put the money saved into your daily budget. Staying onsite isn't essential to enjoy your holiday and it does have a way of sucking money out of your pocket while you are there. The savings would mean that you could afford to eat at a few nicer places or have a few extra treats while at the parks.
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Don't buy water or squash in the parks. Use the water fountains to fill up your own re-usable bottle and take a Robinsons Squirt (or whatever those tiny bottles of concentrate are called) to flavour it.
I would also take all your 'proper' food with you (packed lunch as you say) and only buy 'treats'
That's a tight budget but your main (possibly ONLY) spend inside the parks will be food
Would it be cheaper to hire a car or use Uber? Bearing in mind parking charges? And if you have a 'villa day' then you've had a car for a day you didn't need it?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think you can do $100 a day if careful.

Golden Corral is about $12 each, plus $2 for a drink (you could stick to tap water = free). With a 15% tip that's $48 for a large variety of food that isn't just fried stuff.

If you are REALLY struggling with parking, then park at Disney Springs (free) and get an Uber to the parks ($7) or walk to Saratoga Springs (free). Get Disney transport back to Disney Springs. Saying that you are onsite for one day = two days free parking and at HRH for a night so unlikely to need parking for more than 10 days out of your 14.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well you are going struggle but I’d say it’s doable. You get two days free parking at the parks courtesy of your one night stay on site-make the most of that. You are in a villa so can save quite a bit on food if careful. There are lots of coupons discounts etc for eating out and guides on free stuff to do in Orlando so do some research and track as much down as you can before you go.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue F View Post
TBH, I would consider cancelling the on-site stays, if possible to extend your villa stay, and put the money saved into your daily budget. Staying onsite isn't essential to enjoy your holiday and it does have a way of sucking money out of your pocket while you are there. The savings would mean that you could afford to eat at a few nicer places or have a few extra treats while at the parks.
If they are going in 14 days then surely they will get charged for cancelling the Disney stay so wouldn’t be better off.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Without prying how much do actually have available. Is $100 a day your top figure ?
We went as 3 adults and a teen and had $150 a day but that was In 2017 so exchange slightly more favourable. Shopping doesn’t interest me thankfully.

We had breakfast in the villa. I took variety pack cereals from home. We don’t usually bother with lunch on holiday- maybe a tub of Pringles, a few Walmart snacks, not healthy I know !
For evening meals you can always go to a restaurant for a take out meal and take it back to the villa to eat by the pool. Saves paying the tip and you can have cheap drinks from Walmart. We actually prefer this anyway. Our favourite is Panda Express Chinese and a family meal there is about $35. Buy drinks from Walmart. Have a look out for coupons, you can find them in tourist leaflets in supermarkets Also sign up to various restaurant sites for money off coupons. Do this in the last week as they have short expiry dates. Freeze bottles of water to take to the parks and many quick services places give free iced water.
We got a groupon deal for cicis pizza.
Parking is a bit of a killer. We put parking money into an envelope of its own so we didn’t dip in to it. We separated our money in to days. If there was money left over then put it forward in to the next day.

Dixonsontour has done several really good trip reports if you search for them. They are also 2 adults and their daughter and they spent $100 a day.

You will have a great time no matter what money you have. A lot of the time we were too tired to eat !
Was going to recommend dixonsontour too. Really good food reports
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List