Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi GS, as per SmilesonFaces, we too use Dollar Tree (only Dollar store that maintains 'everything's a $1') for [click on blue words] toiletries, sunblock, liquid detergent, toothpaste and brushes, various foods and snacks, a long list of items to be found.

GS, have a good surf around on Dollar Tree's website - we bring nowt from the UK in the way of sunscreen, toiletries et al., couple of examples of our purchases, dollartree/silkience...bottles/256276Silkience conditioner, 32oz bottle, shower gel/cream. Totally Awesome, brilliant cleaner we've used for years.

There is a large variety of items to keep your costs down. Their $1, 64oz laundry detergent (as above), keeps my whites white Ask away, seasoned Dibbers are only too happy to share their finds and help with your budget
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GSJALK View Post
So boxed fruit juice will be ok? And maybe I'll hang fire on the washing powder to see what we will need.
I'm guessing plane snacks are fine as long as not liquid or fresh again xx
Plane snacks can't be liquid, (unless you buy said liquid airside) but they can be fresh food. You would just have to bin anything uneaten when they do the last sweep of the plane for rubbish.
It's about what you take into the US, not what you take out of the UK.
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve taken all sorts within the allowed items over
My friend lives in Orlando and I take her her British rations lol
Last year being 24 cans of magnets cider lol and lucazade sport

My boys are restricted diets
So we have a case full of shortbread Bourbon biscuits etc etc
Oh an the little squashed dilutes from Robinson’s excellent for the parks as mine arnt allowed carbonated drinks
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Plane snacks can't be liquid, (unless you buy said liquid airside) but they can be fresh food. You would just have to bin anything uneaten when they do the last sweep of the plane for rubbish.
It's about what you take into the US, not what you take out of the UK.
That would benefit from some more explanation, (I was getting sorted for work). You get checked as you go through security, where they care about liquids, and then you get checked as you enter the US where they care about fresh items. So this is what to think about. As long as you comply at each checkpoint you're ok.
We've had fresh food that we brought from home but binned or ate before we landed. We've also bought drinks airside in Manchester and actually took them to the parks.
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If ur going to be spending the same here as there is it worth doing (cos money is money if u buy in pound land or dollar tree...
Go onto 1 the websites like cvs to get an idea of costs.
We found some snack to be expensive like tracker bar/fibre 1 type healthy snacks. Im taking some for plane and some for parks.
I have prepurchased a £10boots card to use airside for sandwiches and drinks.
Im also taking empty refillable water bottles from pound shop in my hand luggage. I can use water fountains at airport (with a squash concentrate til we get on plane at least). Hubby only drinks water and it greaves me to spend 3£ on a bottle of evian lmao...
I ve signed up to all tge restaurants emails so i know what they offer and when.
I will sign up again with a diff email 2 weeks before we go.
Alot of good offers.
Buffets for lunch (go just before they inc to dinner prices lol) is a fab deal if u can do it.
Its really hot. Stay hydrated. Mix a t spoon of sugar and a pinch of salt and to normal squash. Yup thats all ur isotonic drinks are... sugar and salts...
Dont scrimp on sunblock.
I watched a tv show many years ago that said always buy sunblock when u get there (cant remember why i believe diff strengths etc)
A few times i ve brought stuff always branded when on offer and i burn.
Now i buy 1 on 1st day at walmart. When that runs out but i have a tan i use my nivea from tescos lmao
Take talc... saves rubbing and cheaper here 😉
Depending on where ur hotel is a lyft may be cheaper than 25 parking
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
I have pre-purchased a £10boots card to use airside for sandwiches and drinks.
Hi scojos - why a Boots £10 vs buying with cash, debit or credit card? Thank you
Old 22 Mar 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
I thought about taking washing powder last time we went but then wondered what would happen if our luggage was opened at customs and they found a bag of white powder inside...

So I took tablets instead (not pods in case they burst), and they worked fine in the top loader.
If they were suspicios they would simply test it with a drugs tester just as they would if they were suspicios about your blocks of compressed powder (Tablets) powdered drugs are in solid blocks and cut up to powder.
Old 22 Mar 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
The op must have a great luggage allowance, most people struggle with theirs with just clothes. Remember 1lt of liquid = 1kg. We always go to Walmart on our first morning and buy 5lt of orange juice just for me as I drink a glass every morning that’s 5kg for 2 weeks.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
The op must have a great luggage allowance, most people struggle with theirs with just clothes. Remember 1lt of liquid = 1kg. We always go to Walmart on our first morning and buy 5lt of orange juice just for me as I drink a glass every morning that’s 5kg for 2 weeks.
Broadly the point you make is correct however not all liquids are the same. One litre of liquid with a density of 1.0 has a mass of 1 kg
Oil has a lesser density, hence it floats on water. Alcohol also has a lesser density than water which is why those bobbing things work which the testers from weights and measures use!
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Orange juice has roughly the same density as water though. Last time we flew our luggage allowance for 3 of us was 287kg and we almost filled that but we don’t travel light though.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List