Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Mar 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Best way to book a Disney hotel

I have read a few times that people have booked a Disney hotel direct with Disney but through a cash back site.
My question is where/what is the best way and cheapest way to book a Disney hotel and why do you personally think that?
I have booked with floridaescapes before and saved around £400 from Disney’s prices but no idea how a cash back site compares to that.
Florida escapes were fine and we would use them again if the price was right however their response time via e mail was slow.
If DDP becomes available I really want a standard room and they go pretty fast so I want a quick response.
Thanks for your wise words lol 👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I don't profess to be an expert on this as we own DVC.
However we always stay in a Value the first night to save Points

I book via Quidco and it's 3% cashback for package purchases albeit I get that as well for a hotel only stay
For ticket only it's 3 or 2% depending on which ticket you get.

The cashback gets paid out well before the holiday.

I would always book through WDW or a reputable company like Mattie etc.
I certainly wouldn't use some of those others mention on here e.g. Virgin etc.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I don't profess to be an expert on this as we own DVC.
However we always stay in a Value the first night to save Points

I book via Quidco and it's 3% cashback for package purchases albeit I get that as well for a hotel only stay
For ticket only it's 3 or 2% depending on which ticket you get.

The cashback gets paid out well before the holiday.

I would always book through WDW or a reputable company like Mattie etc.
I certainly wouldn't use some of those others mention on here e.g. Virgin etc.
Thank you. Would hotel stay plus tickets be classed as a package?
It’s far cheaper booking flights separately.
So say the hotel & tickets cost £5k we would receive 3% ? Is that percentage standard?
Thanks again
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thank you. Would hotel stay plus tickets be classed as a package?
It’s far cheaper booking flights separately.
So say the hotel & tickets cost £5k we would receive 3% ? Is that percentage standard?
Thanks again
I would say tickets and room is a package ref cashback.

Cashback rates vary, they have been as high as 4% but it can change by the day. I flit between Quidco and Topcashback to see who gives the most.

We never book tickets though as we are Annual Passholders and for room only (1 night) I get cashback.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

We always book like this. Direct with a Disney via Quidco and get the cash back for buying a package which is the hotel and tickets combined. They are good as let you change dates about a little if you are not reducing the cost of the holiday and this works well when you then book your flights separately.
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We book WDW through Quidco - it's a decent sum of cash back from a Disney resort / tickets package and tracks quickly too. We also book our Alamo car hire through Quidco.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone use a third party? If so how did that pan out?
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Last year we booked our WDW stay plus tickets and paid DDP via Attraction Tickets Direct. Very pleased with the price, though they didn't have availability for our first choice by the time we booked - WDTC did, but at a much higher price.

There is a money off code on here to use, but we went via TopCashback. ATD won't honour 2 kinds of discounts but had no prob with them and would use again.

A few times previously we have booked in dollars through US disney site. One reason is that it was cheaper by about 11% and the other reason is that their free DDP offer has totally different dates, for example we were able to book in July or August for our October stays of the same year and get free DDP. The UK tour operators have long finished their offers by then. I got the heads up from Mousesavers website, which also holds historical data on dates of previous Free DPD offers. The down side is that a 14 day hopper with waterparks costs quite a lot via the US site, compared to UK sellers, but we only have short stays so MYW works out OK for us.
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We book our hotels via Disney US site, has always given us better offers for what we want and when we book.
We go via Quidco but wont track so need to raise a ticket with them, but always pays out. Best part is they ask how much the stay is. I enter the dollar rate that we book rather than the Sterling and it always works. 3% on dollar rate is more than 3% on sterling rate.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Last year we booked our WDW stay plus tickets and paid DDP via Attraction Tickets Direct. Very pleased with the price, though they didn't have availability for our first choice by the time we booked - WDTC did, but at a much higher price.

There is a money off code on here to use, but we went via TopCashback. ATD won't honour 2 kinds of discounts but had no prob with them and would use again.

A few times previously we have booked in dollars through US disney site. One reason is that it was cheaper by about 11% and the other reason is that their free DDP offer has totally different dates, for example we were able to book in July or August for our October stays of the same year and get free DDP. The UK tour operators have long finished their offers by then. I got the heads up from Mousesavers website, which also holds historical data on dates of previous Free DPD offers. The down side is that a 14 day hopper with waterparks costs quite a lot via the US site, compared to UK sellers, but we only have short stays so MYW works out OK for us.
So you can book with ATD via top cash back? What percentage cash back are you looking at?
Sorry for dumb question but how did you do that?
When I have had prices in the past from ATD or Florida escapes it’s been via e mail because I could not get the information online
Thanks x