Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It depends , obviously most people here enjoy what Florida has to offer or they wouldn't be here.
Not everyone "gets" Disney , I love it but a week of every day at the parks is my limit so we ring the changes and include other stuff too.
What does your husband like to do on holiday ? Where have you been before and what did he enjoy most and why ?

My husband "quite likes" Disney but the crowds and heat aren't his thing so I'm showing him all the other stuff Florida has to offer too . We have two weeks next month we aren't going near Disney and still have loads planned. Why not compromise with ten days in Orlando and four days at the beach if he really has serious doubts but I'd also find out why the friend who grew up in Florida moved to Canada , it's a very different lifestyle living in one place to another and career wise depending on what he does Canada may have more opportunities (or he may just hate Florida's humid climate).

This kind of reminds me of a couple years ago who came into my travel agency and told me they wanted to book a particular resort . The place they had chosen just didn't seem them so I asked why they had chosen it . Their friends had recommended it Me "Oh do they like the same holidays as you ?" Them "Oh no they like it really lively ... we prefer quieter places" Me "Hmmmm". So I had to gently explain it was more their friends kind of resort ...in the end they booked a more suitable holiday further up the coast ... and when they came back popped in to see me and said they'd gone to visit the original resort for the day ... and thanked me as it really wasn't them at all . The moral is don't assume a friend likes the same holiday you do just because you share other tastes
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Never been bored yet and if you are theres always shopping, pool time, crazy golf, the list is endless really
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Each to there own, but Florida does not end in Orlando it begins, there are fantastic things to see throughout Florida, great beaches, wildlife for instance. Many people do a 2 centre holiday with a week on the Gulf Coast to relax.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

To be honest if he thinks he will be bored after 4 days he probably will!...I LOVE Disney and between my daughter and i we are never bored (we have been going yearly),however my son came with us one year (he was then 18) and was bored after 2 days!..Maybe you could combine 5 days Disney(which i think is what most Americans do)and the rest at a beach?
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Disney World is huge and you'll barely touch the surface in 4 days. We're on our 6th trip this year and there are things we still haven't done and seen. Our past 2 trips and this upcoming one have been 2 weeks staying at Disney only.

The 14 day Ultimate tickets are about the best value you can get, so if you have them and he gets bored, then try other things. However, if he doesn't get bored, then you've still got tickets that allow you to go as much as you want.

It would be interesting to know when the last time the friends living in Canada went too as there's a lot of new stuff opened in the past couple of years, plus Star Wars will be open by the time you go too. It's changed a lot even since our first visit in 2012.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

if im honest - if i didnt have kids.. (age 6 and 9) i would be bored of Disney after a few hours now..

however, i go there as the kids love it and there's other things i enjoy doing in Florida.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Bored after 4 days! Ill put it out there, anyone bored after 4 days in Disney needs a personality transplant, and if you have kids, then they need to get into the spirit for them and enjoy life.
Even without kids, on a first visit you cant get bored.
There are 6 parks, even off peak it would take 8-10 days to do them properly on your first visit. You need 2 days for MK unless you are running around and missing parts.
Its a truely amazing place that allows you to forget about the real world.
We have been several times with and without our son and always look forward to going back.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 11:40 AM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I dont see how you get bored after four days, theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs at Disney but you can go shopping, beach day, state parks, go to Us or IOA, go to a Show, SeaWorld. The list is endless, go on trip advisor and see all the things you can do, Florida isnt somewhere you can get bored easily. You can do as much or as little as you want!
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Bored after 4 days! Ill put it out there, anyone bored after 4 days in Disney needs a personality transplant, and if you have kids, then they need to get into the spirit for them and enjoy life.
Even without kids, on a first visit you cant get bored.
There are 6 parks, even off peak it would take 8-10 days to do them properly on your first visit. You need 2 days for MK unless you are running around and missing parts.
Its a truely amazing place that allows you to forget about the real world.
We have been several times with and without our son and always look forward to going back.
..For some people esp men i dont think its that there isnt enough to do or see its simply that for them its all the same,its all Disney, and they can be bored of Disney within a couple of hours!...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

i actually had to drag hubby the first time too, and now he goes without me ...

Theres is so much more to Orlando, Florida and the area than just parks... id stay for the food alone :-)
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List