Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Mar 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA fly drive- Avis help

Hi all

Please could you advise before I spend hours on the phone to BA. we've booked a fly drive this august with car hire through Avis we are wanting to register for Avis preferred and do online check in nearer the time to skip the line etc but its not recognising our booking reference when trying to register, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong.
many thanks in advance
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I would set up your Preferred account and then contact BA quoting the Preferred membership number. They will then contact Avis and get your car linked to your Preferred account.

Edit

I found this thread from earlier this year re skipping the counter with Avis Preferred booking. See post 5.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...+the+counte r

For first booking you go the preferred kiosk in garage. For future bookings your details should be on a TV monitor showing the bay.

Edited at 03:34 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddy50
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Are you using the booking ref for your package? If you haven't already tried, use the confirmation number on the car hire voucher usually starts with numbers rather than letters. We linked ours without having to call BA.
Maddy50 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
thanks all for the info will try that
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

You should create an AVIS account online.

Then log into your AVIS account, and add your AVIS booking ref to your account.

(you may also need to call BA and get them to manual link your booking if that does not work.)

Then download the AVIS USA app to manage the booking.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
Hi all

Please could you advise before I spend hours on the phone to BA. we've booked a fly drive this august with car hire through Avis we are wanting to register for Avis preferred and do online check in nearer the time to skip the line etc but its not recognising our booking reference when trying to register, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong.
many thanks in advance
YOU CAN NOT DO ONLINE CHECKIN with Avis.
You can not do skip the line.
If it your first rental even if you are preferred you have to go to the desk.

So I would not be worried
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post

Been a while since our first BA/Avis preferred trip, but I know for a fact that we didnt go to the desk.

The kiosk in the garage yes, but 100% not the main desk in the airport with the big queue.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Suffolk dad View Post
Been a while since our first BA/Avis preferred trip, but I know for a fact that we didnt go to the desk.

The kiosk in the garage yes, but 100% not the main desk in the airport with the big queue.
I was the same, never ever been to any Avis desk apart from the one in the garage, even the first time I used them.
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Suffolk dad View Post

Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
I was the same, never ever been to any Avis desk apart from the one in the garage, even the first time I used them.
Only done BA/Avis once when they had a fly-drive price that was too good to miss.

As you both say. Straight to the garage kiosk on side B. Car was pre-allocated but we were happy with it. I don't think that the swap line was available any way.

Mick
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post

Yes you can on your first hire if you are a preferred member.

You need to ensure your CC details and driving licence number is added to your Avis account.

Upon arrival, skip the Alamo desk in the airport and head to the garage kiosk. On your first visit your name will not be on the board, however at the kisok they will double check your card and DL and give you the paper work for your rental car.

If its your second or greater visit,your name should be on the board with car park space number, your paperwork will be in the car or issued on exit.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List