Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
games for Four year old on flight

I plan on taking 9 items in my carryon to entertain the Grandson. One an hour to avoid 9 hours watching the square box. So far Nanas bag has
  • Snap
  • Sticker books
  • colouring and pencils
  • I spy airport book

Any other ideas. Obvously, much time will be spent on the Ipad or watching films but the boy is a mover, not a sitter and i want options open. He is well used to flying, as he has travelled here to Spain three times a year since birth. But 9.5hrs a bit different to 2.5

Also

We are in PE (thomascook), so I am presuming we cannot walk the whole length of the plane? I ask that question for two reasons, child can have a wander and stretch the legs and also for me, swollen ankles in my thing on long haul!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Just let him watch the iPad if he wants. Its a one off and keeps him quiet!

But in response to what you actually asked...

- my kids like uno and top trumps. You can get these in all different characters etc
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You can walk the plane with the exception of and first or business class areas.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
Just let him watch the iPad if he wants. Its a one off and keeps him quiet!

But in response to what you actually asked...

- my kids like uno and top trumps. You can get these in all different characters etc
We will, but I know what he is like, he likes interaction stuff not one really for watching endless TV

I will check those games out
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Dobble, travel connect, mini etch a sketch, travel octogons, few mini lego sets, matchbox type cars/plane, fuzzy felt, small cuddly toy might fit the bill if he likes being kept busy. My kids at that age even though normally active loved the treat of being able to watch cartoons and films without limits though and barely touched their goody bags !
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

The constant noise and slight movement always sends my youngest to sleep, especially with the early morning ride so a nap is great for passing an hour or so 🤞🏻
Who will be travelling with him? His patents as well as you? We find swapping seats and having someone different next to our son entertains him, my husband, my 15 year old daughter and my 12 year old son sat next to him to brake the flight up.
We walked up and down the plane every hour or so, visiting the toilet and my son rather enjoyed having a toot at all the other passengers.
Surprise bags/eggs
A cheap wipe board that comes with a pen and rubber. You can usually get these in pound stretchers and such. It’s only around A5 size and we played ‘guess what this drawing is’ this was a winner last year and apparently my drawing is rubbish lol
My son was really into mashems last year so I took a few of those which he enjoyed too.
Other than that with food and the excitement it actually flies by, pardon the punch.
As for food and snacks, my son does not like the on board meals so we always take some sandwiches, crisp, cereal (in little food bags) bread sticks, etc no chocolate or sweets (he doesn’t need any extra stimulation whilst stuck on a plane)
We also took on extra water as it is easy to get dehydrated for little ones. Water not juice, got to save those little peggies 🤣🤣 plus juices can make little ones hyper too.
I always take a little pillow or cuddly toy that he can snuggle and relax with.
I take his shoes off and put fluffy bed socks on too for comfort (but put shoes back on whilst walking round the plane.
Sorry for long post and more information than you wanted lol but I found this really helped last year, my son had just turned 5
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks some excellent ideas
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylover2000
I have Ears

Bring things like picture books, little craft kit so he can make puppets or something similar, mini figures of his favourite TV or movie characters. There are also some companies that make little busy bags for children with a few snacks, books, toys and crafts- Keep em quiet bags look good.
Disneylover2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

My DS is 9 now so is quite happy to plug himself in for as long as possible, but when he was smaller we always took a ton of stuff and actually didn't end up using much of it.

It's weird how quickly the time seems to go. If he likes colouring then that's a good bet. Does he have any Lego or Playmobil? We always used to take a travel set of both of them as they come in kind if mini suitcases and end up providing hours of entertainment.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

At that age mine had the most fun with simple stuff - I remember a long car drive to Italy and my then 3 year old spent ages with pipe cleaners, she made lots of different shapes, we made people and she put on a puppet show with them.
We also had something very similar to this
amazon/OriGlam-Nov...y+people&psc=1
that kept her amused for ages.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List