Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 May 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I read on another thread that there is usually a 40 minute wait to be seated for dinner at Ohana. Is that pretty standard these days? What if you check in 40 minutes before your reservation time, do you then get seated on time? I'm just trying to work timings out.

Thanks!
Blimey forty minutes! I would get them to cancel my reservation before it got to that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
flang
Excited about Disney

we had our wedding dinner at Ohanas in March and all 17 of us were seated within 10 minutes,this was at 4pm.
we have however waited just over an hour before now and 30 mins on an evening reservation.
Still our favourite WDW restaurant.
Old 27 May 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have been several times but not in the last 5 years. My dil loves Ohana and we were thinking about booking for next year but the reviews , don’t mean in here , are putting me off

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems that experiences vary from person to person.
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Lol! Don’t get me wrong we’ve had waits of over an hour before and we’ve also been seated in less than thirty minutes from our reservation time. There never seems to be a rhyme or reason behind it other than it’s always busy there. We’ve even tried getting there 15-20 minutes early and it’s not made much difference. That said the servers are friendly and swamped constantly it can’t be easy doing their job. As someone who works with the public I can sympathise with how stressed they can get yet they always try to take the time to track with you explain how it all works and when to expect each item of the food on your menu. The kitchen area is always hectic yet under control and the chefs deserve respect for producing such good food in high volumes throughout the meal time whether it’s breakfast of dinner. Activities are a great way for the kids to enjoy their time at O’hana and the characters are funny.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Lol! Don’t get me wrong we’ve had waits of over an hour before and we’ve also been seated in less than thirty minutes from our reservation time. There never seems to be a rhyme or reason behind it other than it’s always busy there. We’ve even tried getting there 15-20 minutes early and it’s not made much difference. That said the servers are friendly and swamped constantly it can’t be easy doing their job. As someone who works with the public I can sympathise with how stressed they can get yet they always try to take the time to track with you explain how it all works and when to expect each item of the food on your menu. The kitchen area is always hectic yet under control and the chefs deserve respect for producing such good food in high volumes throughout the meal time whether it’s breakfast of dinner. Activities are a great way for the kids to enjoy their time at O’hana and the characters are funny.
I booked this the other day, I think I will cancel, it sounds like my idea of hell.
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I booked this the other day, I think I will cancel, it sounds like my idea of hell.
It is, I went to 'Ohana for dinner five years ago and it hasn't featured in our plans since and I don't think it will unless dramatic changes are made.

Mediocre food coupled with a rushed food service and the slowest drinks service ever are not my idea of a relaxing dinner.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It is, I went to 'Ohana for dinner five years ago and it hasn't featured in our plans since and I don't think it will unless dramatic changes are made.

Mediocre food coupled with a rushed food service and the slowest drinks service ever are not my idea of a relaxing dinner.
I have changed it to late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, as it is the first meal of the trip I would like some characters so I think this will suit then monorail over to MK.
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I waited ages to get an ADR at Ohana for dinner and since then, all I’ve read is negative reviews 😞.Think we will be giving it a miss.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I'd never return for breakfast there, it was a shambles,

but on both our dinner experiences we've had a window seat, waited at most for 10 minutes, had THE best service and meal experience. I've booked it this time...hope its just as good .
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List