Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Dec 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

The shopping in Vienna is amazing if that's your thing. The walkway in front of the Spanish riding school is lined with the likes of Chanel Versace Gucci Moncler Jimmy Choo etc. We stumbled across an iconic Viennese chocolate shop Demel. What a beautiful place. Coffee shop upstairs a viewing area where they make all the patisserie and chocolate.

Sadly that pair of stunning 3k pair of Choos didn't come home with me.
Old 9 Dec 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

On our last day we had to check out of the room by 11am. We didn't want to waste our last day waiting for our flight at 6pm. The hotel let us leave our cases in the laundry room and said it was ok to come back and eat lunch in the kitchen if we wanted. We had a wander near where we stayed and found some lovely shops & cafes we hadn't seen before. Grabbed a tram and decided to have a look in the history museum. If your into minerals and rocks this is your place. There was literally rooms full of minerals followed by rooms of fossils. We both found it a bit tedious if I'm honest. Left there and had another wander round the Christmas market outside and grabbed a hot chocolate.

More wandering round the shops and had a look in a large department store. Didn't see the name but it was very posh and had the most amazing food hall. Another hot chocolate and apple strudel in a very Austrian bar/restaurant.

My top tip would be to read up and look for places to eat with good reviews. The places we ended up eating in served a lot of beige food and a lot of carbs. We had schnitzel strudel and sachertorte. There's a lot of pizza pasta goose creamed vegetables and sausage.
It was very cold but beautiful crisp clear days so pack layers if you go in winter. It was -2 most days but the windchill was -6. Every day was dry so we were very lucky.
There's a lot of people selling tickets to classical music concerts and opera. I'm not sure what the normal prices are but they were offering tickets at discounted rates.
There's lots of horses and carriages to take a ride. There's also lots of battery scooters you can use after putting your euros in. They are everywhere and a great way to get around.

Vienna is a lovely place to visit.
Thanks for reading x
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I loved Venice but I think Vienna is stunning.
I loved Venice too and have not been Vienna so hopeful one day x
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List