Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jun 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No definitely not. Tickets are very expensive as it is, we would either have to suck it up and queue or just drop Disney altogether. We don’t pay for express at Universal either.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I replied the following on the other thread
If Disney (fingers crossed they don’t) start to charge for FP surely it can only start in 2021. I have just checked my booking for 2020 and I have free FP included in my ultimate tickets. Surely they can’t change that?

Unfortunately club level is out of our budget, way out! Lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
If Disney (fingers crossed they don’t) start to charge for FP surely it can only start in 2021. I have just checked my booking for 2020 and I have free FP included in my ultimate tickets. Surely they can’t change that?

I'd agree with you on a 2021 start date being necessary imo. I think the Americans can book for some of 2020 already too?

Wouldn't be bothered much by that. Any subsequent trips will be Universal only/with a basic ticket for WDW just to hit Epcot F+W.

It's interesting, I "pay" for EP at Universal, but I wouldn't at WDW. Wouldn't as a seperate price as we can get most rides done in September with good planning, we don't do every ride (not the really tame ones at least) and we don't do Magic Kingdom.

I wouldn't pay more for a Deluxe at Disney for more FP's simply as the price doesn't warrant it. I find their hotels poor value for money, more FP's might increase that but you can guarantee they'll jack the prices up too. Already have for the cable car resorts on the American website.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Agreed they cant change the fact you get free FP. But they can change what makes up your fast pass options. HS prime example, by dumping almost everything in tier 1 and only allowing 1 tier 1 they have significantly reduced the value of those 3 free FP.

Those tier 1 FP for HS are going to be the first ones they start selling imo. If they sold a FP for SR for $100 in september i reckon they would sell every single FP no problem. There is no other logical reason to distort the tiers like they have done. Will be available to buy before Xmas i reckon.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not so sure, they brought in resort hotel car parking charges and applied them to anyone who booked after the announced date, so I would think they could do the same IF they decide to go down the FP charging route.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Does he mean every ride in every park? I would definitely pay $100 for a FP for every ride!

We are club level in September and I will be paying $150 x 2 for each of us to get nine fast passes (three on three days). With the new tiers coming in at HS we will most likely use them there.
didnt know disney actually sold FP already

start of things to come?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
didnt know disney actually sold FP already

start of things to come?
Isn't this only for Club Level guests though? Oh and NO to paying for FPs the tickets are expensive enough!
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes Disney332 I will book FPs at 60 days, I am aware of this. However during my stay HS rides are more or less all at Tier 1 so I can't FP them.
I am trying to remember the conversation I had with signature services about our club level stay. If I decided to pay and book FP at 90 days out then they would also book the regular '60 days' FP at the same time. Don't quote me as 100% on this but it might be worth checking if that is the case.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
I am trying to remember the conversation I had with signature services about our club level stay. If I decided to pay and book FP at 90 days out then they would also book the regular '60 days' FP at the same time. Don't quote me as 100% on this but it might be worth checking if that is the case.
I purchased and booked the additional FPs today, it is 90 dates from check out not check in hence I had not done it sooner. They did indeed book the regular '60 day' FPs for those same days too. The paid for FPs could be any tier and could be across parks, however it is not possible to book two of the same ride on the same day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Just listened to a Disney podcast we’re one of the participants said he would be more than happy to pay up to $100 for a single fast pass on every ride.
Definitely not for me. But how many people would pay.
If it's $100 for a fastpass for every ride then definitely! That works out at less than $2 a ride. I'd happily pay $2 to fastpass each ride. If it's $100 for just one single ride then no - that's far too expensive.

As always, it depends on how much it costs.

There are some people who pay around $100 to book one night at a Disney hotel just so that they can book their fastpasses early. They don't get additional fastpasses; it just means they are more likely to get fastpasses for 4 or 5 rides, that's all.

Also, plenty of people pay for fastpasses at Universal, and it costs far more than $100 as well. A paid fastpass system doesn't seem to put people off visiting Universal. (Universal's Express pass system used to be free, btw).

Finally, you can already pay for additional Disney fastpasses. Someone's already mentioned the Club Level fastpasses, but you can also pay for a VIP tour where you can "fastpass" any rides you want. For example, the Ultimate Thrill Ride tour coasts $350 per person, lasts 7 hours, includes lunch, and gets you on 11 rides (so $30 per ride).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List