Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 06, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pip
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng
It's on I Drive... we made the mistake of getting over excited and turned into Kirkman Road... we had a lonnnnnng drive to get back... and not much fuel!

I love the cornbread there Could eat loads of it! As others have said it's more than just salads. Surely at the price it worth going just once
Thanks for that! I'll make sure we don't make that mistake
Pip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

We did that! IUt was dark and raining and a very long drive back, plus the toll! At least I now know we were not the only ones.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 06, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

We got it wrong the very first time we visited - took the loooong route!

My DH hates salads usually, but loves the food (and service) and Sweet Tomatoes. The baked sweet potatoes were delicious and DS was addicted to the fozen dessets (he would have loved pineapple upside down cake).

I agee - there is something for everyone and if the strawberry lemonade is on offer, try that too.
Old 22 Apr 06, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Here's what I wrote about our 1st trip there in 2004

Anyway, on with dinner – when we eventually got there!

Sweet Tomatoes is on the corner of International Drive and Kirkman Road. As I’m sure many before us have done, and many after us will do, we turned left into Kirkman Road. There is NO entrance from Kirkman Road – you just get further away! We ended up on the Florida Turnpike for a few miles until we spotted the service area – thankfully because we needed fuel! Now this service area is placed in the middle of the 2 directions of traffic – this seemed strange at first but then we realised it was wonderfully logical. After all, only one service area is needed rather than 2, one either side, or one with a bridge from the other side. Enough of my ramblings! The other advantage, of course, is that we were able to go round the service area and join the Turnpike on the other side – thus eventually leading us to Sweet Tomatoes. We asked for directions when we went to pay for the fuel, I’m not saying lots of folk get caught out with this, but the man had a pile of little slips of paper with the directions printed on them for getting back to Int’l Drive!

Sweet Tomatoes was one of the best meals we’ve had this holiday – hate to say it but we all preferred it to Boma’s if we had to make a choice.

There was a HUGE salad bar, 2 pizzas, 3 pastas, 6 soups, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, 2 types of bread - I absolutely loved the cornbread and loads of desserts:- frozen yogurt, chocolate lava cake, muffins, brownies oh and some fruit Not bad for just under $38.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 06, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JDG
My DH hates salads usually, but loves the food (and service) and Sweet Tomatoes. The baked sweet potatoes were delicious and DS was addicted to the fozen dessets (he would have loved pineapple upside down cake).
My DH too, but he was the one dragging us back there. There is so much more on offer than you see on the website. Also they have a range of specials each month based on a fruit/vegetable. So it was pineapple for April, and I think it is strawberry for May. Also, they did sell pots of chicken for extra - we bought one for my DS to go with his pizza and pasta.

There is a huge bookstore next to Michaels too, for any booklovers heading that way.
Old 24 Apr 06, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pip
Thanks for that! I'll make sure we don't make that mistake
We read this tip on the Dibb...still got it wrong... long frustrated driving , specially when you are all starving hungry ... don't want to repeat what was said in the car... ...
Old 26 Apr 06, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone want to save some money?

If you do the go to sweettomatoes and register. They will ask your birthday. Put this as the first day of your holiday. 7 days before you will get an email with a 2 for 1 voucher! The voucher last around 2 weeks. If you are eating more than once then register a few email addresses with the same DOB and you could be saving a fortune. This will make your meals around $4 each, you have to buy drinks so thats around $1.50 each. Bargain!
Old 26 Apr 06, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

What a great tip, I'm registering now

Thanks
Closed Thread