Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Aug 16, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Man V Disney 4 weeks of Florida. Day 19 - Typhoon Lagoon, Dunkin' Donuts and Bahama Breeze

Thursday 11th

Today we had decided to go to the other Disney water park- Typhoon Lagoon. Having done Blizzard Beach earlier, the kids were eager to decide once and for all which is better so off we went at 8.30am to ensure Han got a place to sit. Water parks are not so much her thing.

The drive there was straightforward and we had the pleasure of going under the Disney sign to get there. I don't think I will ever not get that grin when we go under it.

We pulled in and got parked very close to the entrance, got in the fastest we had into any park and quickly found a few loungers near to the wave pool where Han set herself up to upload the previous 2 days of reports.

Josiah and I went off and did Mayday Falls, Keelhaul falls, Storm Slides, Humunga Kowabunga and Crush n Gusher. These were all really good, especially the latter ones. Crush n Gusher is quite a unique roller coaster style raft ride, great fun and probably our favourite of these.

Eliana and Han had a bit of a chill out and Eliana popped in and out of the wave pool. They both went to have a look at the currently (see what I did there...current!) quiet lazy river.

We came back and got Eliana so that we could go on the the family raft ride, Gangplank Falls. This was great fun and I got absolutely soaked!

We headed into the main pool after that and messed about in the pool. The kids headed out as Josiah wanted to go on som rides again and Eliana decided she didn't want to be in while the big wave came. I swam out and tried to catch the top of the huge wave when it came, didn't quite make it, but still loads of fun

Once I got out of the wave pool, I went back to look after the bag and Han and Eliana went on the not quiet anymore lazy river. They were gone for about half an hour and when they got back, they said they were ready to leave.

As we had been on everything, we waited until Josiah got back from exploring and handed our loungers over to some very grateful people. We had heard so many people grumbling about not getting space to sit and felt very lucky we had had a great seating area for 3 hours.

We stopped on the way out for a couple of photopass pictures.

Heading back, we stopped in at Dunkin' Donuts. Once of Josiah's favourite memories of our last trip was a 5.30am (jet-lag fuelled) trip for donuts at Krispy Kreme for breakfast. We hadn't had a chance to do that this time as the dining plan had us stuffed, so we popped in and bought these bad boys.

We got 2 maple glazed, one iced with sprinkles, one sugar jelly, a key lime pie and a lemon croissant donut. The were very generous with their fillings, no one bite and it's gone here!

In total they came to just over $8- totally worth it although I wasn't too keen on the key lime pie one which surprises me!

We got back to the villa and had the donuts and a few snacks (Eliana had chicken noodle soup- again! I really wish we had tracked her chicken noodle soup intake as it would have been something quite unheard of ever before).

After a few hours floating in the pool, catching up with Supernanny and Dan TDM (the kids, not us) and checking out the local park, we headed Round the corner to Bahama Breeze which was conveniently placed next door to the Longhorns we went to yesterday! I'm so glad we discovered this little retail/restaurant area. It's less than 2 miles from our villa and so handy to have on the doorstep with a supermarket, Dollar Tree, Sweet Tomatoes and various shops.

In we went and got seated straight away. We planned to come here for 4pm as we hadn't eaten much, other than donuts, and it is happy hour between 4-6pm with cheap cocktails and half price appetisers.

Our waitress was very attentive and soon brought us our drinks and appetiser- warm spinach dip and chips.

Between this and our main course arriving, Han and Eliana visited the rest room and found this handy guide to speaking Jamaican! I hope you can use it!

Our main courses arrived and we were very pleased with our choices! I went for the jerk chicken pasta, Han had Jamaican chicken curry with pineapple chutney and both kids had chicken tenders with broccoli.

For my reduced price drink I went for 20oz of Arruba Red beer which was delicious and went perfectly with the food.

Dessert next and we went for Chocolate Mousse Island and the Warm chocolate pineapple upside down cake. Both were incredible and we agreed that we enjoyed today's meal slightly better than Longhorns!

The total, including tip was $95.

Before we went home we decided to pop into Dollar Tree to buy some non essential essentials...I'm sure you all know what we mean! You never know you need them until you see them kind of essentials.

Afterwards we went into Ross Dress for Less where we had a successful shop. Eliana in particular was very happy with her purchase of Velociraptor claws. Anyone who knows her knows that one of her favourite things is to be a velociraptor in any make believe games, she even tries to get Uncle Richard involved which freaks him out a bit!

Because of my beer, Han did the driving again this evening and wanted me to picture her driving 'the beast'. At only just 5'3, I always find it slightly comical seeing her behind the wheel!

When we got home, a storm was brewing so rather than head out to the pool we decided it was games night. We got out Trivial Pursuits and then packed it away ASAP when we realised it was based on American history, entertainment etc. We should have guessed I suppose.

We played a round of Yahtzee which we had brought with us. I don't know how she does it but Eliana wins every time! In this particular game she got a Yahtzee on her first and second goes as well as a third later in the game. She also got low and high straights on her first throws later on. The rest if us didn't fare so well and unsurprisingly, Eliana won.

Josiah had admitted defeat early on and only continued playing to please us bless him. As a pre-teen, he loves having his own space and we are noticing this more and more.

As we had spotted a teeny lizard in the house earlier on, we all headed to bed after barricading her door with pillows so it can't get in! Literally, it is the smallest lizard ever but she feels safer with the pillows!

So it's off to bed now and ready for 2 final Disney days. I can't quite believe that we are coming to the end of our 3 week Disney tickets! That means we are speeding into our 4th and final week of what has been so far an incredible holiday.
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

This is my favourite kind of day - my favourite park and my favourite restaurant! Can you please tell me where is your villa? Would love to be near to those restaurants for another time.

That Pineapple upside down cake looks so good! mmmm...

What was verdict on best waterpark?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Hello

Firstly how cheeky...Han looks perfectly positioned in the beast lol!

Which water park did you like the best? Gangplank falls is my favourite water park ride but THAT wave pool is EVIL!

Looks like you had another great day, hope the lizard didn't try to eat you or anything!

p.s mmm that pineapple cake looked amazing!
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
This is my favourite kind of day - my favourite park and my favourite restaurant! Can you please tell me where is your villa? Would love to be near to those restaurants for another time.

That Pineapple upside down cake looks so good! mmmm...

What was verdict on best waterpark?
Of course! Our villa is in the Indian Creek area, about 1 Mile down Formosa Gardens Boulevard, which is just off US192. It's so close to loads of good restaurants, about 15 mins from Disney. 2565 Bear Creek Court, if you want to look on Google Maps.

I think I prefer Typhoon Lagoon as a whole park, although some of the individual rides at Blizzard Beach look more intense. They also had bigger queues there, we didn't queue more than 10 mins for anything so Typhoon wins as its easier to get more done...and the main pool is so much better!
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thank you! Will check out villas there.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
screwy55
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Man v Disney View Post
Of course! Our villa is in the Indian Creek area, about 1 Mile down Formosa Gardens Boulevard, which is just off US192. It's so close to loads of good restaurants, about 15 mins from Disney. 2565 Bear Creek Court, if you want to look on Google Maps.
We are staying in Spring Creek Court which is about 3 minutes walk from you!

Where exactly are these shops and restaurants?
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I love dunkin donuts.
Old 12 Aug 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Have just binge read your trip report in a single hit, what a fantastic time you seem to be having. Thank you for sharing with us
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mossy51 View Post
Hello

Firstly how cheeky...Han looks perfectly positioned in the beast lol!

Which water park did you like the best? Gangplank falls is my favourite water park ride but THAT wave pool is EVIL!

Looks like you had another great day, hope the lizard didn't try to eat you or anything!

p.s mmm that pineapple cake looked amazing!
I think Typhoon Lagoon wins for us! Preferred the general feel although some of the individual rides at Blizzard Beach are better.

All safe from the lizard too! Although I'm sure Eliana will tell you differently when she sees you

Han says to say that she finds the sun loungers to be enjoyable at Typhoon, she will say which loungers she prefers after Aquatica!

Edited at 02:12 AM.
Old 13 Aug 16, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
I love dunkin donuts.
They were really good and have become han and Josiah favourite type. I still prefer Crispy Creme though.