Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Here now and daughter ill

We flew on Friday and just as we were landing my daughter was sick all over herself and the seat. I don't know why as she was fine the day before and at breakfast and never gets car or travel sick and has flown dozens of time. Trying to look on the bright side of that one by thinking at least got our suitcases soon after and could change her! She was completely fine 5 minutes later.

Next day she was fine and ate well.

Yesterday she ate breakfast, not so much lunch (glad we got free dining as otherwise it would have been a very expensive Crystal Palace buffet lunch as she only ate carrots and ice cream!) and didn't want any dinner apart from water. She looked pale and was grumpy much of the day which isn't like her. Just as we got back to the hotel and near.y at our room she was sick again - glad I had her sunhat in my bag 😳

She's had sips of water through the and is still sleeping now (7.45am) and has been for the past 12+ hours. I think she must have had too much sun yeaterday in Magic Kingdom, it is scorching out here. I wasn't insistent enough on her wearing her hat or drinking water, she kept saying she wasn't thirsty. Feel very guilty 😢

We shall have a lazy day today and see how she feels, I've cancelled our dinner reservations so there's no pressure. I'm sitting on our balcony having a coffee but I've now run out of the stuff they leave you and can't leave the room to get any more lol! ☕️☕️
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
georgina
Serious Dibber

georgina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Phone down to HK tell them, and ask them to drop more supplies. Did this last year. It was no problem at all. Hope she feels better soon.
Old 22 Aug 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Bless you hopefully it is just a case of too much sun and travel! Which hotel are you staying in? I am sure if you ring housekeeping they will bring you more tea/coffee etc or maybe another dibb member could get you something from the food court? I know I have done it for people in the past at dlp when they put a shout out for help on trip advisor!
Hope she feels a bit brighter today
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hope a rest will make her feel better & you manage to get some supplies. My daughter was sick a few times on our last visit , a few sips of flat Sprite helped along with the water.
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope she feels better soon bless her!

My youngest DD was sick all over me, herself and the water ferry at US and the boat had to be evacuated... don't think the people that had to wait for another boat were best pleased.

I think it was a case of too much chocolate milkshake!
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww poor little one - hope she feels better soon.

If you can get to a pharmacy - the sachets of rehydration salts that you mix with water are great, I've given these to my kids a few times after they've been poorly and I'd really recommend them, otherwise just loads of rest and I'm sure she'll perk up soon xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Ash bless her, I really hope your daughter starts to feel better very soon. Nothing worse than being poorly on holiday but like you said, no pressure to go out and give her the rest she needs. 🙂

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hope your daughter feels better soon. Small sips of water, one of my daughter was quite violently sick a few years back and we were told by the Dr 5mls every 5 mins until she could tolerate more, hopefully your daughter will feel better once awake, but if she doesn't just little and often with the water. If you can't get out, are you at one of the resorts that do pizza delivery or room service? Al least that way you can get some lunch
Old 22 Aug 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My 3 year old was sick all over me at MIA immigration (another post) after a nights sleep she was fine, put it down to too much travel and fluctuations In temperatures.
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Paplane
Being a bit Goofy

My wife is usually all messed up on the first day or so.

We usually have a late night before we travel just getting ready, a very early morning departure from the house to get to the airport and obviously all the travel, car hire etc.

Obvoulsy when you get there the temperatures are extremely different and all of that messes my wife's system up. One year we were walking out on our first night and it was about 28 degrees. She had a jumper and jeans on and was comlaining about the cold!
Paplane is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread