Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile DLP 20th-23rd December... how busy?

Hi
After being back from WDW for 6 months the Disney bug has bitten again and while I am saving hard to return to Florida I think I might be able to afford a cheeky pre-Christmas break this year to DLP!
Currently they are running an early bird free night offer and I have been quoted £570 (1 adult, a 12 and a 9 year old) for the 3 nights with no food or travel...my first question is does DLP run a free dine offer over the Christmas period and if so would I be better to hold out for that?
Secondly, how busy is it the week before Christmas? Is it ridiculous length queues for every ride or is it doable? I don't want to go there for 3 nights 4 days and not feel like I have done much (we have been before but never at Christmas).
Thirdly has anyone ever experienced travel problems going that close to Christmas (strikes, weather etc?) not too fussed if I get snowed in there but would at least like to arrive there first!
Thanks for any advice
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I went home one year on the 23rd & it got busy on the 22nd prior to that it was perfect, straight on & into everything.
I've flown and no problems but you never know.
I don't think I've seen a free dine offer for Christmas but can't say it's never been done so sorry not much help there.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

We went n 29th - 1st and got free dining. It was busy, but doable, but very cold!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

We were there 19th- 23rd December just gone. It was doable with use of fast passes and the 1 extra hour helped. but it was very busy, lots of people around and wait times for the big rides like BTMR and Ratatouille up over 100 mins at times, with even small rides at 30-45 mins. Fast passes for Remy, Peter Pan and Big thunder also went very quickly. However we had such an amazing time and would go again close to Christmas.

We did have a four hour delay at CDG on way home due to fog at CDG and Heathrow but it didn't put us off from thinking of going again in December

Edited at 11:13 AM.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We've just returned- went 24th-31st Dec.
It was our 1st time at Christmas. It was quite manageable from 24th-27th with fastpass etc (still around 45min waits) then it was rammed for the rest of our stay.
I posted a pic on another thread with a 200min wait time for Ratatouille!
We loved it, but with the heightened security and inevitable queues this brought ( very reassuring though) and the crowds we still didn't get everything done in the week we were there.
We flew from Doncaster into CDG. Great going but was delayed 1.5hrs on way home due to the fog. Not a massive delay but the plane had to be deiced while we were sat on it in the middle of the runway!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List