Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Can you book a USA Disney offer if you live in UK?

Hello
I am hoping to take my children back to wdw in 2020.
My choices of times to visit are Easter, Summer Holidays or Christmas (I can’t get time off in term time!)
Ideally I would like to book with a free dine offer but the last couple of years the offer hasn’t run over Easter or close enough to Christmas.
I have noticed that the USA site offers free dine up to around 21st December but my question is could I book it if I live in UK?
Also if I can book it does anyone know when the offer runs please?
Thanks for any advice 😃
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

You can book it, I have used a US agent in the past and they will book it for you (no extra cost). I'm not sure when the offer runs but usually a good guide is to see when it ran last year. Saying that Disney seem to be holding back a bit with the opening of Star Wars.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Yes you can. I’ve used one this year as we booked a bounceback free dining offer for Xmas this year when we were at WDW last September. The US travel agent has taken it over and is now managing it for me. She been able to change the dates for me by calling Disney on a daily basis instead of me having to do it.

Another advantage of using a US travel agent is if you book a holiday with them and Disney then bring out an offer say room discount or free dining they will call Disney on your behalf to get the offer applied to your booking.

I can wholeheartedly recommend our TA so if you would like her details just pm me.
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I'd like their details please.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Just checking that I'm understanding it... does the US site offer free dining over Easter time?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Just checking that I'm understanding it... does the US site offer free dining over Easter time?
Yes on the US site they sometimes do offer the free dining over Easter and Xmas. Remember though they they only bring in their offers at short notice ie they currently have offers for now up until July and there is no guarantee they will give any offers. So you need to be comfortable with what you book and then accept any offer as a bonus.
Old 7 Feb 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Good advice there, thanks.
Old 8 Feb 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

You can definitely book USA offers, and this can be either directly with Disney USA or through an agent. (Personally I tend to do my bookings directly with Disney, but I usually book room-only and my general preference is to go direct.)

Mousesavers has a list of historical WDW USA room discounts and offers here mousesavers/historic...ort-discounts/ which might be useful in getting an idea of when the dates/offers usually are.

Things to note about WDW USA offers
- Free dining may not be available at all resorts
- Star Wars land is opening end of this year... which has the potential to throw all crowd predictions out of the window and affect when room offers are available. Rather unpredictable what might happen at the moment unfortunately!
Old 9 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Thank you so much that’s really helpful 😃
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There is zero chance Disney doing free dining over Xmas or next Easter. I keep Close eyes on DVC availibility and I’ve never seen it book up so quickly as it has done for next Christmas.
Additionally any free dining around Xmas has always finished before US break up for holidays (or at least it has since 2014), either the 21,22,23 December so to expect them to add free dining for this year or next which is beyond what they have done is not realistic. It ends September I think this year, more restrictive than in the past.
If you wish to book via the US WDW website you may need to use a VPN as it tends to kick you back to the U.K. site nowadays.

Edited at 10:28 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List