Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jun 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Having your things stolen is horrible anyway but even more so when you are in a foreign country trying to enjoy your holiday with your kids. At least they didn't steal your passports.

I did laugh though at your lazy river experience at DC. I too have had a near drowning experience there and can still only feel shame that I had to be rescued by a life guard and dragged to safety!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Oh no your poor thing - let’s hope tomorrow is a better day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
What a day. At least you got the passports back, that would have been so much hassle.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
As much as a I loved your Discovery Cove day and pictures - they were fantastic , by the way

Your Walmart experience sends shivers down my spine, as I am not sure how I would have dealt with it as quickly as you did in cancelling cards and app.

You did so well to get that sorted and avoid all of the rest that could have happened as a result

From the whole day, I hope you won't remember that, I hope you and your family remember those looks on faces at Discovery Cove and the special people in your life , who will remember the day for much more special reasons.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day at Seaworld such a shame about your purse but really glad you managed to stop the cards before someone used them

Joan
Thank you, we were so grateful! Plus I also transferred the money straight over to Mr Grumps Revolut when I got back to the hotel x

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Having your things stolen is horrible anyway but even more so when you are in a foreign country trying to enjoy your holiday with your kids. At least they didn't steal your passports.

I did laugh though at your lazy river experience at DC. I too have had a near drowning experience there and can still only feel shame that I had to be rescued by a life guard and dragged to safety!
That's the positive we took from it because I can imagine that would have took up a lot of time by going backwards and forwards trying to sort emergency passports out!

Honestly we can laugh now but I was so mad. At one point the lifeguard did say are you guys ok but by then I'd pulled them both to the side I felt like saying 'Thanks for your help mate! x

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Oh no your poor thing - let’s hope tomorrow is a better day!
Thankfully it is ... we're in Disney so it can't not be can it x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What a day. At least you got the passports back, that would have been so much hassle.
Definitely we're so thankful they left those ... would have been nice if they left everything in the purse x

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
As much as a I loved your Discovery Cove day and pictures - they were fantastic , by the way

Your Walmart experience sends shivers down my spine, as I am not sure how I would have dealt with it as quickly as you did in cancelling cards and app.

You did so well to get that sorted and avoid all of the rest that could have happened as a result

From the whole day, I hope you won't remember that, I hope you and your family remember those looks on faces at Discovery Cove and the special people in your life , who will remember the day for much more special reasons.
It's not worth thinking about what could have happened! I managed to freeze them all to start with then when I knew they were definitely gone I cancelled them. If you don't have apps for the cards you take ... get them!

We definitely remember those it was such a magical day. 3 weeks on and Noah still talks about his swim with Capricorn

Thank you all for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a proper up and down day. Discovery Cove looks amazing, the photos with the dolphin are really brilliant. Such a shame how the day ended, it's hard even for Disney to add shine to having some stuff stolen
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Fantastic report (apart from the bit with the stolen cards, of course.) We’ve decided not to do Discovery Cove as we don’t want to pack too much into our two weeks, but you’ve got me wavering now! It looks so amazing!

How much did you pay for the dolphin swim tickets in the sale?

And did they have vegetarian options available for breakfast / lunch (e.g. just a cooked breakfast plated up without the sausages would be good, but was there much for vegetarians to choose from at lunch?)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved reading this
Awful about your purse but hopefully that memory will fade as such a lovely day otherwise! Looking forward to reading more
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Wow Kelly, certainly a day of 2 halves! I’m so relieved your passports weren’t stolen...phew!

DC looks idyllic Lovely photo’s of you all. Noah did so well with the dolphin swim, bless him. My son is nearly 13 and has autism and I’m still not sure if he could cope with the dolphin interaction 🤔

Such a lovely surprise for everyone to be back in the Disney bubble, well done you!

x
Old 29 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
What a proper up and down day. Discovery Cove looks amazing, the photos with the dolphin are really brilliant. Such a shame how the day ended, it's hard even for Disney to add shine to having some stuff stolen
Thanks Jackie, it is but at least we still had our passports, I can imagine that would have been a whole new can of worms opened there! X

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Fantastic report (apart from the bit with the stolen cards, of course.) We’ve decided not to do Discovery Cove as we don’t want to pack too much into our two weeks, but you’ve got me wavering now! It looks so amazing!

How much did you pay for the dolphin swim tickets in the sale?

And did they have vegetarian options available for breakfast / lunch (e.g. just a cooked breakfast plated up without the sausages would be good, but was there much for vegetarians to choose from at lunch?)
Thank you for reading If you can I would really recommend it. It's such a relaxing day (providing you aren't trying to stop 2 out of the other family members from drowning )

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure about vegetarian options, I can imagine there was though. There was loads of fruit with breakfast too and there were lots of different salads and pastas with lunch also. I did mean to take a photo but the queue was busy and I didn't want to draw attention to myself

We paid around £800-£850 pp, that was the dolphin swim tickets, but it also included SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens and parking at all these parks. We were wanting to do SeaWorld and Aquatica anyway and that was going to be around £600 for tickets, so it made complete sense to add on DC dolphin swim for an extra £250! X

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Loved reading this
Awful about your purse but hopefully that memory will fade as such a lovely day otherwise! Looking forward to reading more
Thank you as always I think it will eventually and it didn't affect the kids too much thankfully as all they talk about is the dolphins x

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Wow Kelly, certainly a day of 2 halves! I’m so relieved your passports weren’t stolen...phew!

DC looks idyllic Lovely photo’s of you all. Noah did so well with the dolphin swim, bless him. My son is nearly 13 and has autism and I’m still not sure if he could cope with the dolphin interaction 🤔

Such a lovely surprise for everyone to be back in the Disney bubble, well done you!

x
Oh Hayley, you couldn't have wrote it! It was amazing, so hard to describe but such a lovely relaxing day. The theming was so well that you felt like you were on a remote island somewhere.

I guess all you could do is try? Every child is so different, but if he doesn't feel comfortable he won't be forced to do it and can leave the pool ... or he could even just stand and watch.

It was and it really did feel like home ... only problem is I want to do Disney everytime now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List