Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 13, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emska View Post
Ah i feel bad for you, i can understand why you would feel nervous still even thouh you know theres a good chance you left the door unlocked you can't prove that's what happened. It's digusting that your kitchen was so dirty that you had to clean it!
On a positive note, incase others are worried, we stayed at Highlands reserve last year and had no problems at all, would be very happy to go back again.
Have to say, this is our forth time in florida and its the first time we have ever had anything like this happen, you always feel for other people when you read of such things and never think you could be the one...
Maybe this time we have just been unlucky...
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you got that cleaning issue sorted...
I would imagine you just hot on a lazy slap happy cleaner/manager..not usual at all...hope they have been moved on already
Good that you contacted the TO they will be alerted now, and you can carry on and have a wonderful holiday secure in the knowledge that you got that sorted
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
doradaxplorer
Imagineer

doradaxplorer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by Crystaljordan View Post
Hi
Not sure what to do, arrived later in the day on 20th, so it was dark when we arrived at our villa, located on highland reserve, gleneagles drive, anyway, went to the magic kingdom all day yesterday, arrived back at villa around 5.30ish as we drove up to our villa noticed that the front door was ajar, first thing was that we had been robbed, left kids n car and husband went in, everythng was ok thankgod, anyway phoned management company and they said there are only 3 keys to our villa and that no one had been in, my husband had noticed an aircon unit in our trash can that was not there when we left in the morning, so i told the management cmpany this and he said he had been into the villa next door to change theirs and he had put it in our trash can, dont know what to do, also my husband and i have spent all of this morning cleaning the filthy kitchen... any advice...

How scary for you, your husband should not have gone inside but called the police. Maybe you did not shut the door properly but then again maybe you did, seems a funny coincidence that management were next door and putting something in your trash. As for cleaning you should not be doing that. We stayed at Highlands reserve last year, lovely villa, best master suite ever but we had Cockroaches, they tried saying they were Florida beetles something or the other, lucky I had read about these and it's just another name for cockroaches found in Florida, it ruined our stay, I found a huge one on my DH bedside table just a few inches from him, the management agreed to move us but they only had smaller villas, in the end the second time it was sprayed and they placed these plug in bug blitz things we had a few days cockroach free. They blamed it on the villa next door that had been abandoned. I emailed the owner and we were given a refund of half our money, he was very sorry. I think you should insist to be moved and ask for some refund of sorts. This is your holiday that you have been looking forwards to, it should be cleaned before you arrive. If they didnt clean the kitchen I doubt the bathrooms and toilets were cleaned properly.
doradaxplorer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We would have been scared, too, with the door wide open. However, seems like all is okay and nothing missing. It is strange that the management company was next door and door was open and air conditioner in your trash.

Glad the management company sent a cleaner in to remedy the kitchen. Hopefully, you will now be able to enjoy the remainder of your holiday. It is great time to be in Florida!

Sandy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I would not worry at all that something was put in your garbage. This does not mean anyone was in your villa, it sounds like you not only did not lock the door but did not fully close it either. As for the MC not noticing perhaps the door blew open and it had looked closed before. I don't understand why you did not call the MC right away when you saw the villa was not cleaned properly. That is totally unacceptable and you should not waste your valuable vacation time cleaning a mess you did not make. I do think you should always use the alarm provided. You are fortunate no one saw the unlocked door and helped themselves. Not only would you have lost your belongings but the villa owner could potentially go after you for his losses saying you did not secure the property properly.
Old 31 Mar 13, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I guess I must be the only one who believes the management company (or someone from) were in the property and "forgot" to not only lock the door, but close it. Easier to then fabricate the old air-con- unit-from-next-door-in-your-bin routine than admit to their error. I do love a good conspiracy theory though

It is testimony to the nice area you are staying that nothing was taken or anyone went in.

I'm sure it is easy to blame yourself or hubby for not locking the villa, but I'm sure you will have.

As for the filthy kitchen? Not acceptable.
Old 31 Mar 13, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread