Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Apr 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Upgrading Universal Tickets to Annual Pass

I've just ordered the Universal 3 park 14 day UK tickets for our trip in July/August. We are also going in February next year and possibly next August, so upgrading to an annual pass is what we intend on doing.

I know there are blackout dates for Volcano Bay in August if you upgrade to the Seasonal pass (which is the cheapest), so thinking of upgrading to the Power annual pass where you can access after 4pm during August (so we can go there after 4pm August 2020).

Can I use the UK ticket as normal this year, i.e. access Volcano Bay when we like (this August) and upgrade after this? I know the expiry of the annual pass will be a year from the date we activate the UK one but wonder if there is a way around accessing Volcano Bay all day this August and upgrade after?

Hope this makes sense and somebody can help!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we upgrade our 14 day 3 park tickets in July 2018 to take in our visit in June 2019. We had not used the Volano Bay part of our tickets and were allowed to upgrade to 2 park annual tickets. One is the Preferred pass to incorporate the car parking and discounts within CityWalks. The other three were upgraded to the Power passes. We were going for the seasonal passes but the blackout dates prevented us using them in July.
The total price was around $400. We exchanged at Customer Services in Universal Studios.
Hope this helps
Old 1 Apr 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Mobile

OP, yes I think that’s fine so long as you understand it’s got to be a 3 park ticket. Do it on your last visit and don’t forget to take ID. Your call if you’re happy to go for a ticket that has VB blocked out in the knowledge you won’t be able to use it during block outs.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

If you use VB you will have to upgrade to a 3 park pass. We upgraded from 3 park 14 day pass to, 4 2 park seasonal passes and 1 preferred pass (with free parking and discounts). We didn't pay anything as the value meant we were actually owed $15.98! That was November 2018, but I've since read that if you have 3 park tickets you have to upgrade to 3 park passes now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Any one know if you dont use the volcano bay can you upgrade just to 2 parks we dont like volcano bay and wont be visiting but just realised even tough i stated 2 park tix they have put 3 parc tix😒
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
OP, yes I think that’s fine so long as you understand it’s got to be a 3 park ticket. Do it on your last visit and don’t forget to take ID. Your call if you’re happy to go for a ticket that has VB blocked out in the knowledge you won’t be able to use it during block outs.
Why do you have to do it on the last day?
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Any one know if you dont use the volcano bay can you upgrade just to 2 parks we dont like volcano bay and wont be visiting but just realised even tough i stated 2 park tix they have put 3 parc tix😒
We managed to in November but I've heard since then that they won't change 3 parks to 2 parks anymore. Someone who's been more recently might be able to advise better though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks i really hope we can we dont like volcano bay and have now asked thomas cook but they are saying they cant change it to 2 park
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Why do you have to do it on the last day?
You don't.
As an upgrade to AP will be calculated from first use of your 14 day ticket.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Thanks all - we want to upgrade to 3 park anyway.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List