Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Apr 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Some Help With BA

I have booked with Ocean Florida for the first time and flying with BA for the first time, so used to Virgin.

What is making me nervous is that OF do not give the flight info out to book seats etc until 90 days I believe. My wife is a nervous flyer so like to get the exact seats we want.

I called BA in case they have the info but I had nothing from OF they could use and I didn't even have a flight number from them.

Just checking this is all normal? Is there anything I can do to get the number to book seats earlier? We fly in August.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Seems a little odd that you don't even have a flight number?

I rarely use agents, but when I do, I have the flight number up front, the flight booking reference is sent out once the balance is paid. Is it worth you paying it early to get it so you can book your seats?

BA do charge for seat booking so if it's not a hugely popular time for flying you should hopefully find plenty of choice.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have you paid in full ? If not then I doubt you'll be able to get details earlier than when the final balance is paid.

You can figure our the flight numbers (especially if flying direct) and then look at seatmaps and loads online. Some seats will be blocked (what particular seat numbers are you looking for an what dates are you flying?).

It's a shame that you haven't booked direct with BA or flight only as you would then have your locator number to book seats straight away (you do have to pay for seat selection with BA unless you have status or some other factors that allow free seat selection).
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have paid in full over 2 months ago. I will give OF another call but just keep saying 90 days.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wubbster View Post
I have paid in full over 2 months ago. I will give OF another call but just keep saying 90 days.
If you've paid in full they should give you your flight booking reference, I'd be a bit more assertive with them. It's a confirmed reservation now you've paid, my concern would be that you've paid OF but they haven't paid BA if they can't give you the number so I'd certainly be querying that.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
wow that seems early compared with buying a BA package!

Maybe Ocean Florida don't forward funds until nearer 90 days hence that's why they can't give you the PNR number? Only guessing as I don't use TA's much but do use BA holidays and can select seats from the time of booking.

Sorry can't help much and hope you get a good result soon, it must be very frustrating!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

I just called Ocean Florida, very polite and helpful, but they buy the BA seats through an agent, and not direct with BA, and this agent do not issue them until 90 days. They did give me flight number but thats all.
WDW AKL 2019
Old 2 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I just called Ocean Florida, very polite and helpful, but they buy the BA seats through an agent, and not direct with BA, and this agent do not issue them until 90 days. They did give me flight number but thats all.
That's really frustrating, especially as they've taken your money so early.

If it's any consolation I do think that paying for seat selection puts people off doing it so hopefully that will mean there's still plenty of availability at 90 days for you. Fingers crossed.

Old 2 Apr 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes very frustrating when you have paid already. One reason why I choose not to have a middle man! I agree with PP that there probably will be lots of options at 90 days as it is quite expensive to pre select seats on BA. We refused to do it on our recent trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you really want to book seats now you could always ask OF to do it for you.

You should also ask who the 3rd party OF has booked the seat through as well as that is who you will have you deal with if there is any disruption before BA takes control.of the flight 24-48 hours before departure. BA will not deal with you until then.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List