Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Pre Travel Day.

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Pre Travel Day. Twilight Check In, Premier Inn, Thyme

So its finally time to get started!

HERE IS THE PRE TRIP.

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Pre Trip Report

As it's the first one I'll give a brief intro

Me: George ,43 and chief planner
DW: Kelly, 43 and The Boss
DD1: Evie Mae ,11
DD2: Lily Belle, 9

But hopefully you know all about us and are joining us again. If its your first time welcome!

This will run along side my food report which is found by clicking HERE

So pre travel day. This will just be a mini report for today. I wouldn't normally bother doing one of these so much as we live near Gatwick but we have a night booked at the Premier Inn Gatwick North the day before the flight. If you’ve read the pre trip (go back and read if you haven’t) then you will know we are in the middle of major house renovations. Most of this is for our eldest daughter Evie Mae who is visually impaired and is to make it a bit easier for her. The timing of these works is horrendous but there is nothing we can do. Kelly and I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for 3 weeks. Today we lost our bathroom and kitchen so a night at the Premier Inn is called for.

I still had a few hours work ahead but I intended on getting an early start hoping to be up at 5.30am so I could take our dog out for a final walk. I really struggled to get to sleep so annoyingly I woke up at 5.45am. What was more annoying was that Kelly was wide awake and on her phone. I had to cut the dogs walk a little which was disappointing as he, I think, is the only one in the family who actually listens to me! We still had a good throw of a tennis ball before I left for work. The dog(or the boy as I like to call him) is off on his own holiday to our great dog walkers where he is going to have a great time but it was a teary goodbye.

Work dragged incredibly until 2.30pm when I was finished, I did quick pit stop at the bank and to home to get changed and grab my bits and pieces. The house was in an absolute state and I’m really hoping that we come back to something somewhat liveable. Then it was off to the in laws where our luggage was and the kids. Note how I put the luggage before the kids.

Evie gets a taxi to and from school and she was frustratingly late today. I had already been warned by Kelly not to rush her when she got in as it would set her off! I remained calm all the while praying that the in laws wouldn't insist on fussing over the girls to much by making them eat etc.

About 4.30pm we were all set and both me and Kelly drove our cars to my mum and dads where we’d leave the cars and get a lift to the airport which was only 10 minutes away.

The drive was terrifying. I teach people to drive for a living and the particular stretch of road between the two terminals at Gatwick is something people have to do on a driving test at Redhill Driving Test Center. Let’s just say my mother would have failed miserably. We just about made it.

We got a couple of trolleys to ferry the luggage up to the North Terminal. Kelly had always said we have 2 suitcaes to take out. That had of course doubled to four.

Evie used her new pink handled cane and using a disability lanyard for the airport. These will probably be evident in the travel day photos tomorrow. She feels much happier having the hidden disability lanyard at the airport.

It was our first time flying from the North(I always say it Game Of Thrones Style). It seemed much nicer than the South(I say this like a Cockney so saaafff). The Virgin desk was very easy to find. I was expecting a sea people doing Twilght Check in but it was empty. Result. We were done in 5 minutes and off to the Premier Inn.

A very easy walk which took 5 minutes. Check in was very quick as well. While in reception I managed to change our dinner reservation to much earlier after our quick twilight check in.

The room was fine and exactly how I thought it would be. To be honest I was just pleased to be sleeping on a bed and not on the floor!

Our view.

After our meal at Thyme(read in the food report) we just chilled in the room eagerly awaiting the day of days tomorrow! Kelly is snoring away at 9.20pm! I'm getting frustrated at the appalling ”ultimate” wifi.

That's all folks for today but like I said it’s just a mini report for today’s pre travel day.

Much more in depth for the other days.

George

Edited at 04:52 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Safe journey and have a wonderful time!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Woohoo you're on your way! Have a good flight 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Looking forward to this one! Have a fantastic time 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m sure they’ll make huge progress on the house whilst you’re away, three weeks is a long time in building terms.

Safe travels tomorrow! Have a wonderful time, I am so excited for you.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

OMG I can’t believe how quickly your trip has come around. I look forward to reading along 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving it ...
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Hope you have a super smooth travel day tomorrow
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading along with the rest of the trip. Enjoy!
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope your travel goes well today. Looking forward to your next instalment...
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List