Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

DDs camp used to do a Walmart bus twice a week so things like wellies and blankets could be bought once they arrived although DD then insisted on bringing home the comforter she bought ( which ment she had to carry it from Pennsylvania through New York,Florida and all up the West Coast she then took it back to camp with her the following year😂😂.
DDs camp had a Facebook page for their staff so that was useful to ask question on. DDs advice take more socks than you can ever imagine needing then add a few more pairs.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

My friends son did it last year, he stayed with a wonderful family. He fell in love and has gone back again now on a working visa.

He will have a ball, and you can still talk all the time.
Old 16 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Agree totally with Dayle, my DD is off to Camp green Lane PA as well and their camp did runs to Walmart before camp started and then weekly ( or a shopper went for all the camp )She said she was always buying socks as the mysterious sock monster lives in America and as a swimming teacher they were always going missing. We didn't pack any toiletries for this year- just travel sizes- for the first 2 nights as she said it was much better from Walmart.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
My deaf daughter is going away on 1st June for soccer coaching at America camp and stay with america family house in every week in different place. She will flight to Kansas City.

Last Monday, we flew to Belfast for her visa working for USA and it went well.

I am pleased for her but I do worry about her too and she love football and college for 2 years and they asked her to do it...

I am proud of her and i will miss her too.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sazza22
Getting Excited

Mobile

Ahh going to camp is amazing! Best three summers of my life!
sazza22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
DDs camp used to do a Walmart bus twice a week so things like wellies and blankets could be bought once they arrived although DD then insisted on bringing home the comforter she bought ( which ment she had to carry it from Pennsylvania through New York,Florida and all up the West Coast she then took it back to camp with her the following year😂😂.
DDs camp had a Facebook page for their staff so that was useful to ask question on. DDs advice take more socks than you can ever imagine needing then add a few more pairs.
This is what my DD has been told too - they’ve said they’ll take them to Walmart on their arrival day.

She flies from Heathrow on 8th June to Chicago then catches a flight to Harrisburg to get to Camp Small Valley in Pennsylvania; her end date is 4th August, then hopefully she’ll have made friends and travel.

I’m very proud of how independent she is at 18, and all the experiences she’ll have, but... as a teacher, I’ve enjoyed my 6 weeks holidays with my girls for the last 22 years. Now the eldest has finished uni and started work and Isabel will be away for most of it. I’ll miss her dreadfully and think it’s really selfish of her to leave me alone, with no one to play with all summer!
Old 17 May 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DS is being to Walmart on Sunday. He is buying a sleeping bag and maybe a blanket, also some cheap shorts and T-shirts as they are doing camp clean up for 2 weeks before the campers arrive. They are also being certified in their specialty.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DS has arrived safely after about 22 hours travelling. Our house is now very quiet.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Hope he has an amazing time.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
He will have a great time my dd17 wants to do it next year and I'm dreading it

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List