Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers (again). April / May 2019 - Day 7

Day 7

Edith woke us at 7.30am today, I got up with her and made the second batch of crescent rolls, even better this time. We eat those and Edith has her normal Weetabix and fruit too.

Aaron woke at 9 and had his rolls before we got ready & set of towards Florida Mall. We had a good look around but didn’t buy anything! Im not sure what’s the matter with us. I guess our priorities have changed since having Edith and we don’t buy things for the sake if it anymore, It doesn’t make for very interesting trippy reading though! We did sit for a while and let Edith play in the kids area, she loved it!

We popped to the food court as we were feeling peckish and both got tempted by a Chinese again! We also got a fresh fruit cup for Edith. The food was good but it had nothing on the previous day’s Panda!

We head back out and Edith fell asleep in the car. We popped to a Target for some milk but it wasn’t a Super Target so they didn’t have any food or drink. Well blow me away, I thought they were all supermarkets. Back at the hotel, Edith transferred to the bed for a sleep and while she and I napped, Aaron popped to Publix for the milk.

We head back out at 3.30pm, driving to Disney Springs and parking in the Orange garage, we were going to try and visit a park without paying the 25$ parking! Naughty. It was a strategic parking spot as it was the nearest to the buses. We waited in line for the Yacht and Beach club bus but the Boardwalk one came first at the next stop so we hopped on that one. The journey was ok and we were soon crossing the bridge over towards Epcot. It took 29 minutes from parking up in SD to entering Epcot so we were very lucky on this occasion.

We wondered around WS in a clockwise direction. Aaron grabbed a beer flight from the pineapple food booth and a beer in germany and I had a rum cocktail in China. I also grabbed Edith some mini animals from the shop there, adding to her collection I got her last year. We are learning animal names at the moment so these are a great learning aid.

By the time we got to Germany, we were hungry again! We thought about our food options and in the end headed over to ESPN back on the Boardwalk. We were seated right away and soon ordering our food. Aaron had a salad, I had an amazing chicken burger and Edith had …. Mac n Cheese! The food was really, really good! Much better than we expected actually and we were pleased with out choice. It also didn’t seem too pricey for an onsite option. Edith's food came with a free cupcake which she enjoyed and a milk which we popped in her bottle for us to take away.

We head back into the park and slowly wondered around to Norway where we had a FP for Frozen again. We were on the ride so quickly and again we all really enjoyed it. It was 8.30pm by the time we came out of the ride so we killed time waiting for Illuminations to start. Edith was having fun with her bubble machine and the CM’s from the China food booth were fussing over her and handing her lots of stickers which she loved. We managed to grab an amazing spot for Illuminations, right between the food booth and the shop booth in China, it was a hidden little area and no one else was there. It was lovely. The show was fabulous as usual, Edith loved the fireworks and was running around to the music too.

We head out of the park with everyone else and waited 19 minutes for a bus back to Disney Springs. We got back in the car & drove the 6 minutes to our hotel, pretty chuffed that we had avoided the parking fee with no massive time delays to our day. On this occasion it paid off. We were all in bed by 10pm

Edited at 12:49 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

That 25$ parking sounds like a nightmare! Good afternoon at Epcot - I have never seen illuminations and won't get to now. Hopefully the new night time show will be good.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

That was impressive how quickly you made it from DS over to Epcot on the bus! Great to avoid the $25 parking fee, such a killer when you are there for two weeks!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
That 25$ parking sounds like a nightmare! Good afternoon at Epcot - I have never seen illuminations and won't get to now. Hopefully the new night time show will be good.
The parking is a killer when you spend 10+ days at Disney, we were feeling rebellious and it paid off to get the buses this time.

Oh that's a shame you missed Illuminations. Its a good show, not great though so I'm looking forward to something new.

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
That was impressive how quickly you made it from DS over to Epcot on the bus! Great to avoid the $25 parking fee, such a killer when you are there for two weeks!
We avoided the parking fee from this point on (spoiler ). It felt so good, haha!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Frozen is a fab ride isn't it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Frozen is a fab ride isn't it!
Yep, love that one! I love any boat ride though, I find them really relaxing and a great excuse for a sit down
Old 3 Jul 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Edith is such a delight, she's always so happy and just goes with the flow.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Edith is such a delight, she's always so happy and just goes with the flow.
She is a happy girl most of the time. The biggest problem we have with her is her complete lack of fear. She climbs everything, wants to run off ahead of us everywhere ect. Other than that, we are very lucky with her, she is a very easy toddler to travel with.