Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Jun 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile Krakow or Prague?

DH and I would like a few nights away in December - a bit of sightseeing, Christmas markets and nice food.

Hoping for a cheapish break as would like a Florida trip for the whole family next Summer.

Have priced flights and accommodation for both and there’s not much in it.

So would just like some recommendations from anyone who’s been to both.

Also any recommendations for hotels, would like to be pretty central so we an walk around easily.

Thanks.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been to Prague and loved it. We stayed at the Archibald at Charles Bridge which was excellent and right next to the bridge. Loads to see and do in Prague.

We are off to Krakow in December but have heard great things about it. Sure whichever you pick you won’t be disappointed
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We have been to both and much prefer Krakow. It’s a stunning city with so much to see and do, lovely food at cheap prices, friendly people, clean and beautiful.

I know we are in the minority but just didn’t like Prague at all 🤷.

We always stay in the Wawel hotel as it’s central but in a very quiet streeet but if you stay in the old town area you’ll be well positioned for exploring.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
We have been to both and much prefer Krakow. It’s a stunning city with so much to see and do, lovely food at cheap prices, friendly people, clean and beautiful.

I know we are in the minority but just didn’t like Prague at all 🤷.

We always stay in the Wawel hotel as it’s central but in a very quiet streeet but if you stay in the old town area you’ll be well positioned for exploring.
I wasn't a fan of Prague either, we went in July though and you could hardly move because of the crowds.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I've been to both, Krakow in March and Prague last October. While we really loved Krakow and there is a lot to do there, we much preferred Prague. Krakow was a great city break but I liked that Prague had that old world charm/appeal about it, cobble streets (wear flat shoes ) fantastic architecture etc.

We stayed on the main square in both places. In Prague we stayed at The Grand Hotel Praha straight opposite the Astronomical clock and in Krakow we stayed at The Venetian House Hotel, both great, I would certainly recommend them.

Whichever you chose you won't go wrong, happy planning!
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I had the same 'dilemma' recently but in the end booked for Krakow. Got flights for £60 each and staying at the Hotel Imperial which is right in the Old Town. This was a right bargain at only £63 a night!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I can’t comment on Krakow as I’ve not been there, however, when we went to Prague we loved it. There was so much to do and so much history. We didn’t have any crowd issues but then we went in October.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

been to both & enjoyed equally but of I had to pick one I would go for Krakow
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're going to Krakow in March 2020 for a few nights, was £300 for flights and hotel with breakfast with BA holidays. We toyed between the 2 but really wanted to visit Auchwitz which swayed Krakow for us.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
talicarr
Helping Minnie

I think they're very similar places, Krakow is smaller, but both are very toursity and have the Prussian feel. Krakow is cheaper I'd say, so if cost is an option go there!

Both are great cities though, I loved them equally.
talicarr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List